So, about that friend of mine

jsharr

She got to come home last night for good.  Still has a ton of work ahead of her, but she is home.  

Has not gotten her prosthetics yet, but has been fitted, is doing research on the different types, etc.

She is in a very cool power chair that can do tons of stuff.  

Glad that she has moved on to this point of the journey.  Looking forward to the next trip to the ranch with them, which is something she said that she would never be able to do again early on.  It may be the only semi negative thing she has said, but now I know that this will happen and soon.

that's great that she gets to go home. It looked really grim there for a while

Yep, today at breakfast, my youngest told me, I am glad Miss Kathryn came home last night.  I thought she was going to die at first."  Tough words for a nine year old to have to express.  I cannot imagine the thoughts that have gone through the heads of that whole family.  Actually I can, but I just do not want to imagine things like that.

Glad to hear this.

If I remember correctly she's relatively young and otherwise healthy correct?  Is she a transplant candidate?  I don't know how successful they are, but there have been hand transplants at our hospital.

I do not think she is a transplant candidate, but I do not know that for sure.  It has not been discussed would be a better answer, but I will ask.

Great news! Remind me....what limbs had to be removed?

I've got a friend who works on the prosthetics industry. If they need it, I may be able to connect them for Q&A/advice. Let me know if that's something they may need/desire.

Lost both arms below the elbow and both legs below the knee.  Also lost left pectoral and left upper arm muscles.