Why are home reno shows so anti-brick?

Ralphie

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

because SHIPLAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get the shiplap love.  I just isn't desirable at all to me, the whole thing is incomprehensible.  

2 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

They are always covering it and even worse, PAINTING it. WTF?!  

I used to live in a studio apartment with a brick interior on one wall (with a wood-burning fireplace, too!)  It looked really nice, and I miss that place!  I looked at an apartment directly across the street tonight (I love that neighborhood).

WoW has been binge watching Home Town. I like the couple who hosts. For the most part, I like her design choices, but she is quick to paint over brick. 
We have a date brick fireplace in the basement. I would like to do something with it, but I don’t think paint is the answer. 

The SoCal shows do houses with no brick.... Brick home construction isn’t a think out here.

I like on Flip or Flop they will redo a house in a shit neighborhood 40 miles from the coast but all of the transition shots are of the coast. Much of it is Newport Beach, my home beach. 

Oh Tarek El Moussa lived in my city for a while before he moved to a waterfront home in Newport Beach...