LongJohn

Airehead
Go to solution Solved by Longjohn,

4 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Dorcas, my cardiac nurse said I have a large hematoma at the entry site from Friday. She says it will need manual compression which unfortunately will be very painful. I. Asked if I can have drugs. She said she will do it while I am already drugged up for today’s procedure .

I dislike that you have this but I like that you will be drugged when they try to fix it.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Longjohn said:

The girl drawing blood

You have had your share of complications... 

When I was in the hospital.   Every morning at about 6AM a nurse would come and draw blood.   I understand.... yeah they want to get the lab results for the doc.   Still... is sucks to get woken up after a crappy nights sleep. 

One day the nurse draws the blood.   As she is getting ready to leave, the sharps get disposed and then my blood sample goes into the sharps container.  I just looked at her... "Really... you just did that!"  :wacko:   Then she 'realized' what she did.  

The pain from pancreatitis was soooo bad it hurt to breath. (yeah my oxygen levels were in the cellar).  I'd be happy just to find a way to lay in bed with minimal pain.  The doc ordered about 210 ultrasound pictures to be taken of my abdomen area.   The tech shows up with a ultrasound machine on a cart. He explains what will happen.  I get to lay on my side, my back and my other side.  I explain to him laying on my side is SUPER painful, but lets get this done.  How long will this take?  About 30 to 40 minutes for the pictures.  :(  Yeah it totally SUCKED...  but I got thru the procedure.  At the end I just wanted to pass out.

Then about 1 hour later...  another tech shows up with an ultrasound machine on a cart and tells me she will be taking about 210 pictures.   I kind of blew up... and told he NO WAY will this happen. I can't take that kind pain again... You guys need to get 'coordinated' and figure out what's going on.    

About 1 or 2 hours later the guy who wanted to know how the hospital was doing, etc.. about my care.   Some kind of customer satisfaction in person survey.  I saw him once or twice before.   I told him what I though about scheduling the test twice.  He never returned.. 

At least you get to eat.   The 'cure'  for pancreatitis is not eating or drinking ANYTHING for days.  All I had was my IV.   Eventually, days later... I got to get a cup of shaved ice.  I got to take a few chips of ice and let them melt in my mouth.  That was it... 

When I finally got enough strength back...  the doc told me to start walking in the hallway.  WoBG was there... and she's like.. yeah lets go for a walk.  I got about 100 feet down the hallway turned around and got back to the room.  WoBG... "So why are you quitting.?   I told her I wasn't quitting.  I was totally exhausted.   Just about 2 weeks before... 36 miles on the bike, at 17 to 18 mph was no problem. 

So... heal fast...LJ.    Being in a hospital kind of sucks...

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I had one of those, they blamed the leukemia.

I just saw the apparatus on top of your forearm. I didn't see the vacuum bracelet. Did they take a couple times to let off a little vacuum each time? That's what they did for mine.  I'm not sure I'm buying the leukemia excuse. Sorry Lj, I am just so disappointed in the care you're getting. If you were at our hospital, things would be a lot different.   Well, I guess you'd be in Marquette; we don't have a cath lab.   But you'd be getting better treatment!

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Dorcas, my cardiac nurse said I have a large hematoma at the entry site from Friday. She says it will need manual compression which unfortunately will be very painful. I. Asked if I can have drugs. She said she will do it while I am already drugged up for today’s procedure .

Did you ask about the groin hematoma you are planning to have?  Practice sessions will help you both prepare, tell her.

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Heart attack not long ago, new chest pains recently so he went to ER where they proceeded to make him wait and wait and wait a number of days before they would feed him or even accurately gauge when they could do necessary tests, all the while leaving his wife, who LJ cares for like a saint and is totally reliant on him for her care, is at home while everyone frets and panics because he has to get his stuff done and go care for her.

Also, in the past, sexy nurses have aggressively sponge-bathed and groin massaged him beyond the normal constraint they generally exhibit, probably because of his enormous 'attributes'.

LJ, did I get all that right?

Pretty much :whistle:

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Clark said:

I hope you get to go home if that is what is best, but another day of observation after all you've been through wouldn't be so bad, IMO. 

:)

At this point I might be on board with that idea too. But I'm sure he needs to get home for hopefully some real rest.

2 hours ago, smudge said:

At this point I might be on board with that idea too. But I'm sure he needs to get home for hopefully some real rest.

You don’t really know @Longjohn do you? He will not get real rest at home. He has been the full time caregiver and that will not change AT ALL. He will need an assistant at least part time for ten days. Am I right?

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

You don’t really know @Longjohn do you? He will not get real rest at home. He has been the full time caregiver and that will not change AT ALL. He will need an assistant at least part time for ten days. Am I right?

Ya, I know. But at least he'd be in his own bed without a C-pap going off all night and no TV blasting at him. And he can snuggle with Oreo; that's good for the soul. And he will be with his wife. That is good for his soul too. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

16 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Awful update! They sent me down for another echocardiogram before discharge. They brought me the discharge papers to sign while we waited to for them to read the echo. I signed the papers when a person came in the room with the bad news. My heart is only functioning at 40%. They want me to wear a life vest 24/7. It’s a wearable AED that detects heart rhythm abnormalities and shock them back into rhythm..we are waiting on insurance approval. They want me to stay until I get the vest. I won’t be able to get any exercise for three months and then get another echo.

Prayers for healing for you brother.

• Heart 1

Huh!! My ejection fraction was 35-40 % a few hours after my heart attack and maybe an hour after my stent placement, but I didn't have to wear a vest.  Hmm, I wonder if it's because they expected it to be that low at that time and maybe not you because you didn't have a heart attack this time.... "just" in for maintenance.   ?????   Ah well, your heart will heal and get an improved EJ. That just needs time. Sorry about a vest, though. 

Is anyone getting a vest set up for you so you can go home??