LongJohn

Airehead
Go to solution Solved by Longjohn,

1 hour ago, az_cyclist said:

that is a heckuva alarm clock Longjohn!

It’s scary, and I don’t even know how well it will work. When they used a defibrillator on me the last time I had a cardiac arrest when I came back around there were doctors injecting adrenaline and drawing blood and barking out orders, they had a whole trauma team working on me. With this vest there will be none of that. The directions say when it revives you go directly to the ER.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 3

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

It’s scary, and I don’t even know how well it will work. When they used a defibrillator on me the last time I had a cardiac arrest when I came back around there were doctors injecting adrenaline and drawing blood and barking out orders, they had a whole trauma team working on me. With this vest there will be none of that. The directions say when it revives you go directly to the ER.

Prayers that you dont need the vest to work, John!

• Heart 3

10 hours ago, Longjohn said:

They discussed the dilemma with me. My heart rate and blood pressure are way below normal but they think I need the beta blocker for my heart to heal. My heart is pumping at 40%, the danger is if it gets to 35%.

I have a follow up visit with my PCP tomorrow. She is going to check how the hematoma on my arm at the site of the first catheterization is doing. Probably look at my groin, and then she will show me pictures of her newborn baby boy.

Please follow up with us after that PCP visit.  We all care about your health

• Heart 3

• Solution
1 minute ago, Kirby said:

Are you checking it at home? 

115/62 69bpm just now. I was yelling at Oreo, he thinks whenever I’m cooking I should stop what I’m doing a feed him another meal. I’ll check it again after dinner and see if it is still normal.

• Heart 3

On 3/1/2021 at 11:21 AM, Clark said:

Maybe that's a good thing, in some ways.  :)

Sadly, it isn't once you get the bill. I'd be fairly annoyed at the rigmarole for this alone. You must have some good insurance LJ. ;)

This seems almost like you went through a clown car of people throwing spaghetti at the wall to get something to stick. As someone who has largely trusted the medical profession (family in it, and I've generally had good experiences), I have to say I'm sorry both for what you went through there, but everything health-wise you have to deal with now.

I need to come here more often. It seems everything goes to hell just after I leave. I will add you to my prayer list. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

On 3/1/2021 at 2:21 PM, smudge said:

I just saw the apparatus on top of your forearm. I didn't see the vacuum bracelet. Did they take a couple times to let off a little vacuum each time? That's what they did for mine.  I'm not sure I'm buying the leukemia excuse. Sorry Lj, I am just so disappointed in the care you're getting. If you were at our hospital, things would be a lot different.   Well, I guess you'd be in Marquette; we don't have a cath lab.   But you'd be getting better treatment!

I was planning on taking that gadget home with me or at least taking a closer look at it. When they took it off my wrist they put it on the top shelf where I couldn’t reach it with my IV in my left arm and the hematoma in my right arm. It had a pump attached to it and the clear vinyl thingy underneath and a hard brace thing on top. When they moved my stuff to the new room it got tossed. The doctor blamed the people doing the blood draw for putting pressure bandages on my arm after they drew blood but I was on so many blood thinners they had to.