LongJohn

Airehead
Go to solution Solved by Longjohn,

Prayers for you & Esther. They say that hearing is the last sense. Don't stop talking. If it's her time to leave then give her permission. If the boys can make it great. John you did everything you could. Rest easy now.

Godspeed Esther on your journey  <crying>

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Esther had a really rough night. My son Ben is driving to the airport after church and picking up his brother John. They should be here by 2 or so. Celia is coming with them. Esther kept moaning in pain in her sleep all night. 

Are you using the morphine?

19 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Esther had a really rough night. My son Ben is driving to the airport after church and picking up his brother John. They should be here by 2 or so. Celia is coming with them. Esther kept moaning in pain in her sleep all night. 

So very hard for you to bear. All the support and vibes I can send are with you.

• Heart 1

The nurse showed me how to give her morphine while she is sleeping. When the morphine wears off to the point she wakes up she is in unbearable pain. I was instructed to keep her medicated until she passes. Our son John is with me now. I’m sad that John missed seeing his mom while she could talk to him. It took so long to get to this point but once it did it went downhill fast.

• Sad 7
  • Hugs 2

5 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I probably won’t spend much time on here today. Esther passed during the night.

Prayers and thoughts with you--- I am glad she is free from pain and passed knowing she was so very well loved by you, the boys, and the family.

We give them back to you, dear Lord,

Who gave them to us.

Yet as you did not lose them in giving,

so we have not lost them by their return.

For what is yours is ours always, if we are yours.

And life is eternal and love is immortal

And death is only a horizon.

And a horizon is nothing more

than a limit to our sight.

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I think we ALL felt the love - your love for your wife, - but we also saw many other things like the determination and care and so many wonderful examples of your being a loving husband and remarkable human.  I hope we all can have your strength & compassion when the time comes, and my heart goes out to you and your family in such a sad time. 

Hear hear!

• Awesome 1
  • Hugs 2