LongJohn

Airehead
Go to solution Solved by Longjohn,

14 minutes ago, Airehead said:

How is today, @Longjohn

I had a nice visit with a cute little PA. She is changing my drugs again. She said my blood pressure and heart rate are perfect. They were afraid to give me an ace inhibitor before because my blood pressure was too low. I still have to wear the vest, she said many people choose not to wear it and take their chances. I can move my own wood now, I probably should tell my brother.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

Just now, Longjohn said:

I had a nice visit with a cute little PA. She is changing my drugs again. She said my blood pressure and heart rate are perfect. They were afraid to give me an ace inhibitor before because my blood pressure was too low. I still have to wear the vest, she said many people choose not to wear it and take their chances. I can move my own wood now, I probably should tell my brother.

wait a few days to tell your brother.  You cannot really take chances -- wear the  vest-- Mrs. Fleet needs you

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Airehead said:

You cannot really take chances -- wear the  vest-- Mrs. Fleet needs you

I was thinking about that. She needs me so owl try to stick around but it sure sounds like a nicer way to go than my wife’s way or my dad’s. The doctor said without the vest I could just pass out unexpectedly and not wake up.

• Hugs 1

6 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I was thinking about that. She needs me so owl try to stick around but it sure sounds like a nicer way to go than my wife’s way or my dad’s. The doctor said without the vest I could just pass out unexpectedly and not wake up.

I remember, as a kid, thinking folks really did just drop dead suddenly.  Now, at 50, and having actually known a lot of folks who have passed on, I really can't say I know any that died suddenly (other than a car crash sort of thing).  Death is often slow and hard, for sure, but it is also a time for the folks around you to stop for a moment and realize the gravity of the situation.  When my dad was deteriorating, it was a joy to see my family rally around him and be there with him over that time period.  Not remotely easy, but definitely nice to surround him with love and let folks show their love with him while he was still around to feel it. Losing someone is always tough, but losing someone without saying goodbye or other things is even tougher.

• Heart 4

12 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I remember, as a kid, thinking folks really did just drop dead suddenly.  Now, at 50, and having actually known a lot of folks who have passed on, I really can't say I know any that died suddenly

My oldest sister died of a massive heart attack about a year and a half ago.  Medical people said she was dead by the time she hit the ground.  The people she was with said she was fine one second and dead on the ground the next.  No amount of resuscitation was going to revive her.

• Sad 7
  • Hugs 1

16 hours ago, Longjohn said:

That’s not a bad way to go. Even better if it’s in your sleep. People don’t get to say goodbye but if you love and appreciate someone you should always tell them. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to anyone.

BiL went in his sleep. 45 years young.

• Sad 4

I’m not wearing my bra vest today. That thing itches my back so bad. Owl probably put it on later. I dreamt it went off last night, Esther’s nurse was here so I was going to let him handle who to call. An hour went by and he hadn’t called anyone so I got up and got my card out of my wallet that gives the number to call after a shock treatment. That’s when I realized it was just a dream because I wasn’t covered with blue slime.

• Heart 3

2 minutes ago, Airehead said:

You could probably qualify for a nurse an hour a day for yourself.  They could put lotion on your back, take your blood pressure and tell you to rest.

How is Esther today?

Sleeping most of the day. She had apple sauce, lemonade, and pills during church.  She hasn’t had anything else to eat since.

I held a mirror in front of me and put my back to the bathroom mirror. No wonder my back itches/ hurts, it looks like I have poison ivy. I have a dermatology appointment Tuesday morning. I’ll see if they have any suggestions.

• Heart 3
  • Hugs 1

38 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Owl probably get a call from Zoll in Pittsburgh for not wearing my vest. That thing reports on me. Any heart rate changes it reports them. If I unplug the battery they know.

Will it send an ambulance?

• Haha 1

Last time I got this far behind on a thread, @Randomguy saved me by providing me a recap.  I really care about what is happening with John and his wife but am running short on time.  Would somebody please be so kind to recap it for me again?  Last I knew John was back in the hospital after suffering a mild heart attack (I believe) and as he is the primary caregiver for his wife, he was having trouble finding somebody to fill in for him.  But I think he got to go home.  Based on a couple comments up on the top of his page, it sounds like something is going on with is wife now?  How's John?  Does he know how much we love him?

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I have been expecting her to die in her sleep with no real change in condition while she is awake. This is a change I wasn’t expecting. Her big sister just called, Esther opened her eyes when she heard her sister. I asked her if she wanted anything and she didn’t answer, just closed her eyes again.

Oh chit.  I think I got my answer to my previous post.