Tibia and fibula surgery

Randomguy

I understand that a rod like mine with screws is removable after the bone grows back together.  But it is another painful operation and recovery, so unless someone is having problems with their rod, they don't usually remove them. 

BTW, that one is in my right leg and my son has the same sort of rod in his left leg.  Both as a result of cycling crashes.  

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

And...., fun fact.  All these rods, screws and pins have recorded serial numbers so if down the road someone finds Clarks leg not attached to a body anymore, they can check the numbers and find out whos leg it is

So if my body is ever discovered in an advanced stage of decomposition, they have an easy way to identify me.  Cool.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Clark said:

So if my body is ever discovered in an advanced stage of decomposition, they have an easy way to identify me.  Cool.

Or completely burned up in a fire so there is little left but small bone fragments and no DNA, they can still write you off as dead

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, Clark said:

unless someone is having problems with their rod, they don't usually remove them. 

Transgender people do that, but I have no idea how that procedure goes down.

Btw, if a transgender woman wants to become a man, I think the operation is called an "addadictomy" or somesuch.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

And...., fun fact.  All these rods, screws and pins have recorded serial numbers so if down the road someone finds Clarks leg not attached to a body anymore, they can check the numbers and find out whos leg it is

Were you involved with the case of the feet (with shoes) washing up on shore up there?

12 minutes ago, Clark said:

How do they do that?  Do they transplant your big toe or your thumb to your groin?   :scratchhead:

As I understand it, and it is a VERY remedial understanding, they basically turn whatever you have inside out as much as possible whilst they give you whatever hormones are the opposite of what you normally pump out.  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Just last week I listened to a podcast about the feet story.  I vaguely remembered hearing about that when it was happening.  I thought of you.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/sysk-selects-why-are-so-many-disembodied-feet-washing/id278981407?i=1000508858860

I listened to this..., they were actually pretty good.  Probably 95%  of what they were talking about was accurate in this case, which is way closer than most

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

As I understand it, and it is a VERY remedial understanding, they basically turn whatever you have inside out as much as possible whilst they give you whatever hormones are the opposite of what you normally pump out.  

I see nothing wrong with retaining your vagina and just being a lesbian.  A penis just isn't worth all that trouble.  :o