Low-rise, mid-rise or highrise- jeans

shootingstar

Really I think women care more about this than men....or maybe it depends on the age of men.;) Or maybe alot of men don't worry...they wear jeans, with waistband under their stomach as they get older. 

I've tried low-rise and most styles don't work...even for a small woman who is not a teenager.  Either I can't breathe or it's a waistband gap..which the button style doesn't allow me to move it over. So it's midrise for me.

Going into a GAP store, I spend first half hr., just trying to figure out which jean styles are worth stripping to try in change room.

23 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I buy the kind that don't fall off my body. I find it very annoying with low cut jeans when they feel like they are getting ready to fall off. Even with a belt. Also I don't like high waisted pants.

1940s-mens-in-suits-vintage-photo-500-31

You never know what might come back in style.  Guys were slimmer in the belly back then. :rolleyes:

For moi, what is annoying for low-rise, is if my shirt is average length, the low rise jeans leaves a skin gap at the back when I sit down or bend over.  It gets cold.  Maybe a belt solves problem. Not always. I've actually ruined several expensive tops because I created finger holes in back of shirt of trying to shove my shirt back into my jeans.

Low rise is sexier, unless a woman is blocky in the midsection or if she muffintops overmuch.  High rise strikes me as very mom-ish, so maybe mid rise is best for most people.

Not everyone can wear the latest fashions because of body style.  Most people who get caught up in that whole thing disregard the fact that clothing should flatter the shape you have, rather than highlight the latest trends if it doesn't work for your particular type.

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, Clark said:

Yeah.  I have never seen men's jeans labeled "low rise", etc.  I think that is a women's jeans thing.

Right, me either.I think men’s jeans are more a measure of fit in the leg and azz than rise of the pant waist.  I tend to get straight leg or regular cut.  

2 hours ago, Clark said:

Yeah.  I have never seen men's jeans labeled "low rise", etc.  I think that is a women's jeans thing.

2 hours ago, az_cyclist said:

yeah, for men it is just jeans

WRONG. 
Men’s jeans also have different cuts. Slim, straight, regular, relaxed fit, extreme motion, skinny, taper, bootcut, loose...

• Heart 2

38 minutes ago, roadsue said:

WRONG. 
Men’s jeans also have different cuts. Slim, straight, regular, relaxed fit, extreme motion, skinny, taper, bootcut, loose...

Excellent use of the uppercase wrong!  You did miss the exclamation mark for more oomph, though, so while you didn't get a perfect score, you came really close.

Good job!  :)

2 hours ago, Clark said:

9 or 10 years ago, lower-rise for men was much more common than now.  It results in a longer-torso look, and was the sexier cut for the dudes, too.  You couldn't rock it with a big belly so much, though.

I had a designer gf at the time, so she made me aware of popular styles and her quarrelsome nature.  Roadsue and family actually met her, as I remember.  So did a bunch of others, did she seem difficult to you guys, too?

• Heart 1

56 minutes ago, roadsue said:

WRONG. 

For dearie he chooses Levi's, regular and bootcut suit him.  He loves black jeans. Then he complains his jeans get worn out around the crotch..  he says he gets too hot. :lol:  But seriously, he's worn out 2 prs. of Levi's jeans in the same area!  It's wierd.

I’m more in the regular for category. Though I do like the flex fit jeans. Very comfortable for longer than straight cotton. Just wear a belt I you get them! 
I don’t have a preference for any particular style on women.  What looks great on one may not be so good on another. High waist can be mom jeans unless they fit properly. Low rise can look great but a muffin top can detract. I also don’t need them so low I can tell if they shave or not!