Car shopping is finished.

Airehead

2 hours ago, dennis said:

Well played. 

Nice ride. What do they call that color? Greenish, brownish, frog without streamers?

Autumn Green Metallic. In the touring version the seats are Napa brown leather. Together it looks like a leaf. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

Very nice!....I may have to start looking soon...I want a new vehicle in about 4 years :P

Whereupon every vehicle on the market will be different, starting your search again. ;)

Very briefly owned a 2017 Subaru Impreza Sport hatchback in Lapis Blue, for WoLW (5 months).  Sold it to my parents last fall, with 30k miles on it, only 5k due to our driving.

The 2019-2020 used would likely be the perfect car for you; not much has changed. The Sport adds better suspension and handling/braking, more durable seats, Apple CarPlay (I can't recommend this feature enough), heated seats, and has the whole safety package. Between that and the AWD, the only reason I didn't keep it was I wanted something a little more sporty in the acceleration department (the Subbie is competent, but it's not "peppy" either).

If Subaru ever comes our with a sporty WRX hatch again like they did nearing a decade ago, you can be sure I'll be interested.

spacer.png

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

So let's hear the scoop on the comparisons!  How involved was Einstein?  Shirley the Volvo was close?

:popcorn:

My old Volvo was a v-60. Truly a station wagon.  Now they cannot be bought in the states. Only the v60 cross country.  It was nice but looks a lot like the outback.  Subaru had slightly better safety features. In the end, Einstein gets a supplier discount on Subaru but not on Volvo. The Volvo was higher price to start with comparing sticker to sticker.  Then add a significant, no hassle discount and the price differential did not justify buying a Volvo in this situation. 

• Awesome 1

14 minutes ago, Airehead said:

My old Volvo was a v-60. Truly a station wagon.  Now they cannot be bought in the states. Only the v60 cross country.  It was nice but looks a lot like the outback.  Subaru had slightly better safety features. In the end, Einstein gets a supplier discount on Subaru but not on Volvo. The Volvo was higher price to start with comparing sticker to sticker.  Then add a significant, no hassle discount and the price differential did not justify buying a Volvo in this situation.

Subaru is kicking some ass! 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Airehead said:

You realize you could have picked up your Volvo in the mother country. Volvo buys your plane ticket RT plus a night in a very nice hotel

I agree the V70 wagon was a workhorse. I had a V60 for about 2 years and it just did not haul enough stuff for me

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Scrapr said:

You realize you could have picked up your Volvo in the mother country. Volvo buys your plane ticket RT plus a night in a very nice hotel

I agree the V70 wagon was a workhorse. I had a V60 for about 2 years and it just did not haul enough stuff for me

Einstein and I considered this but our preference is Luxembourg with friends we haven’t seen since returning to the states. Then dog shows like Crufts. 

5 hours ago, Scrapr said:

The one Volvo I want, of every Volvo ever made, is the T5-R turbo wagon.

spacer.png

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a32500661/tested-1995-volvo-850-t-5r/

• Heart 1

Speaking of Volvos, our son just mentioned yesterday that he will be looking for a new home for their 2019 XC60. They never grew attached to it, and now they need something larger to pull their 3500 pound trailer. He'll probably take a hit on a trade for an F150 hybrid/generator. This is what happens when you don't plan for the future and or pick a vehicle solely for the type of sunroof it has. :rolleyes:

Its too bad because it is a nice car.

xc60 2.jpg

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Speaking of Volvos, our son just mentioned yesterday that he will be looking for a new home for their 2019 XC60. They never grew attached to it, and now they need something larger to pull their 3500 pound trailer. He'll probably take a hit on a trade for an F150 hybrid/generator. This is what happens when you don't plan for the future and or pick a vehicle solely for the type of sunroof it has. :rolleyes:

Its too bad because it is a nice car.

xc60 2.jpg

I'll give him $200.  Will he deliver?