Payday

petitepedal

Paid in 2 wk. cycles...the dates aren't the same each yr. since calendar changes.  Less work for accounting dept. and HR with employee inquiries if something was not auto-calculated right.  Being in public sector might be some thoughts ...and advantages when reporting to higher levels of govn't...and reporting overall to general public.

Some years, pay levels for various occupational groups, even names of employees earning over ie. $100,000+CAN threshold is released publicly and annually.  

3 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

The company I'm at has always paid weekly. I thought that was rare.

I have never ever been paid weekly and don’t know anyone who has.  I think it is pretty rare.

4 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Just before I left work yesterday I got notified that our pay schedule is going from twice a month (24) to every 2 weeks (26l...as of 4/1...to accomplish this..we will have a short check at the end of March...

So how will this screw up my present accounting :wacko:...I think I will have to re-schedule my transfers to savings :runcirclsmiley:On the plus side I get a raise in March..and who knows..maybe a second raise once my job gets updated to take over some of the things the marketing person did. At age 79 her last day of work is March 31..a real estate company will take over our marketing and sales.

Congrats on the raise!   I haven’t received a raise in 3 years and am not even sure how that works with my company.  I ain’t complaining though as they have been very generous with bonus’ during the 3 years. Even during lean years they gave me a very generous bonus and with the recent boom gave me a crazy high bonus.  I feel a little embarrassed to bring up raises...

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

Our pay dates have been the 3rd and the 18th :blink:...

We are 15th and last day of month, and it seems like I often am paid before the day is out even though we fill out a time sheet - ie work, vacation, holiday, or personal/sick time.  I guess they figure one way or the other you are getting "40 hours", and can pay it out ahead of the actual end of the work day & period, and then do the accounting to differentiate whether it is "work" or the other stuff.

9 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Our pay schedule is going from twice a month (24) to every 2 weeks (26l

I was paid every 2 weeks for years.  You will get paid twice a month (just at different times) 10 months of the year.   The 2 months where you get a 3rd check... it was like a bonus.

Plan on living on the 2 checks per month.   That's the easy way to budget you money.