I've Become A Soft, Wimpy Snowbird!!!!

Razors Edge

...and we've moved to Southern California! Sorry, @Prophet Zacharia, I'm still kicking!

These 60o+ sunny days are SICK!  WTF???  But it is hella hilly.  @ChrisL never mentioned that!  Gonna try a few rides soon and figure out where to ride.

My pup seems happy here:

Image preview

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

My FiL died in December.  My wife is the executor of the estate, so we decided WTF??? Why not take advantage of a "free" home and spend some time in CA as I WFH now, and this might be the best opportunity we have to spend some time out here.  Maybe a month or two???  We'll see. 

The trophy was for deciding to make the best of it, not her dad dying. 

• Heart 2

15 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

The trophy was for deciding to make the best of it, not her dad dying. 

Yep.  He had a great and relatively long life at 84, and she was with him when he passed along with her siblings.  That time of grieving will be longer than our time here, but I am sad that his illness and then COVID made us postpone our planned visits here (and his to come to see us).  We'd much rather be out here with him than without him, but he would definitely be overjoyed knowing we are here now enjoying a place he thought was paradise.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

3 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I think you should live there for at least a couple of years. It would be nice for you to wash that Potomac stench out of you.

I may push for us to become bi-coastal!  I've always seen myself as a bi sorta guy!

...and the stench NEVER washes off.

• Awesome 1
  • Envious 1

17 minutes ago, donkpow said:

You probably don't know this but you'll never be accepted as a Californian. They hate immigrants out there, especially right side immigrants.

I also miscalculated.  I've grown my hair out to my shoulders thinking hippies were welcomed here.  It seems everyone has short hair or are bald (well, the guys, at least).  I stick out like the Yankee I am!

• Heart 1
  • Whatever 1

14 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I also miscalculated.  I've grown my hair out to my shoulders thinking hippies were welcomed here.  It seems everyone has short hair or are bald (well, the guys, at least).  I stick out like the Yankee I am!

Shhhh don’t bust the myth... We are ALL liberal hippie granola eating homosexuals.   All of us... Now stay the F in Ohio....

34 minutes ago, donkpow said:

You probably don't know this but you'll never be accepted as a Californian. They hate immigrants out there, especially right side immigrants.

My kids bag on their mom for being a transplant.  Your not a local like dad & us.  WOChrisL: I have lived in SoCal for 32 of my 50 years. So, you weren’t born here... You know honey they have a point...😂 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

What?  You weren't enough of a noob already that you had to start over?

It's all about staying warm.  If you're gonna be a n00b, be a n00b where the sun is out, the temps are mild, and the ladies wear very skimpy outfits. :)

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Yep.  He had a great and relatively long life at 84, and she was with him when he passed along with her siblings.  That time of grieving will be longer than our time here, but I am sad that his illness and then COVID made us postpone our planned visits here (and his to come to see us).  We'd much rather be out here with him than without him, but he would definitely be overjoyed knowing we are here now enjoying a place he thought was paradise.

I think he would have been thrilled for you and his daughter to enjoy his house for free for however long it takes to settle his estate properly.  Any good-hearted person who requests a named executor to act on their behalf, would want their executor to enjoy free time if it's an enjoyable home location, as part of their "reward" for their executor work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2021 at 10:30 AM, Razors Edge said:

My FiL died in December.  My wife is the executor of the estate, so we decided WTF??? Why not take advantage of a "free" home and spend some time in CA as I WFH now, and this might be the best opportunity we have to spend some time out here.  Maybe a month or two???  We'll see. 

Spend all your money in Mammoth on the L.A. ritz.