I have never driven a Prius before

LoneWolf

Until tonight.  We have several of them as company vehicles.

They are not made for tall people, which is kind of unfortunate.  Not difficult to get the hang of, but not positioned for a 6'4" guy.  Also, due to the engine being so quiet, keeping track of your speed requires attention.

By the way, why in the world did they even offer a tape deck as an option?  I haven't seen another vehicle with a combination CD and tape deck in years.

• Heart 1

By the way, why in the world did they even offer a tape deck as an option?  I haven't seen another vehicle with a combination CD and tape deck in years.

The tape deck is set up to recover the energy from rewinding the tape and dump in back into the batteries.

I think it's a little extreme for the amount of energy recovered, but then again it is a Prius. :rolleyes:

• Heart 1

I should have added, I found it an interesting car.  Didn't have issues with its driving behavior (accelerating, passing, standard handling), but the blind spots and inability to fit a tall driver (both legroom and windshield top too low for me) would mean it wouldn't work as a car I could own.

Until tonight.  We have several of them as company vehicles.

They are not made for tall people, which is kind of unfortunate.  Not difficult to get the hang of, but not positioned for a 6'4" guy.  Also, due to the engine being so quiet, keeping track of your speed requires attention.

The tape deck is for the granola munching hippies to be able to listen to their tapes on. Tapes about how to increase your aura and Holistic approaches to dealing with bad vibes.

Was is freakin' fast?  Were you hauling ass?

It has the company logo all over it, so I was responsible by Michigan standards (5-8mph over the limit at most).  Rather not have my boss get a call the first week of the job.  But it accelerates fine.  Funny to watch the MPG gauge drop hard during acceleration, then go way up once you're at cruising speed.

It sounds like one of our company cars will be assigned to me when I start going out in the field more.  We were halfway home at the end of a three-person job one day, so one of the owners (who was on the job) suggested I drive it home and leave my car at work for the night, and he'd drive the other person back.

In general, the Prius drivers around here tend to do really stupid things in traffic. This has led to the conclusion that the way Toyota has boosted the mileage is by drawing power directly from the driver's brain cells, robbing them of the energy and lowering the IQ of the operator.