Welp, it ain't pretty but...

team scooter

18 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I take my hitch out I'm when not using it.

I usually do too, but for whatever reason while towing with the unibody vehicles we've owned, the CX and our past Caravans, etc, the hitch rattling in the receiver transmits into the cabin and gets to be unbearable after a short while. So I use a hitch clamp to eliminate that. Its only two 9/16" nuts, but its just easier to leave the hitch in while up north and avoid letting shins come into contact with it. With my trucks, hitch rattle has never been a noticeable issue.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, team scooter said:

But I only need to look at it while I'm up north. It will save my back/shoulders and the CX bumper from getting punctured by the trailer. Hooking up the trailer at home on the paved, shoveled driveway is no problem. But doing it up north on uneven, icy, barely plowed terrain is a task. Even with the backup camera. Best I can do is get it close and manhandle it from there. This guard gives me some piece of mind knowing that I wont bump into the trailer and shatter the plastic back bumper in sub zero temps. With my truck, I back until I hear/feel a clunk and I'm golden. But if I do that with the CX, it would get expensive. While up north I'll need to remember to back into the parking spaces at the supper clubs so no one will injure their shins. :unsure:

bumper protector.jpg

Very wise precaution!

19 minutes ago, smudge said:

And I like that you said Supper Clubs. 😊

Lol, when our daughter in law first started taking snowmobile trips with us up north, I think she half expected eating frozen tavern pizza and or whatever we could conger up at quickie/gas marts. Now she looks forward to genuine northwoods fish fries and super clubs. When I say we're going to a certain area to snowmobile, she wont remember it. :scratchhead:  But, if you say "The supper club where you had the fancy lobster dish"... "OH YEAH I LOVE THAT AREA!" :lol:

lando dinner.jpg

• Heart 1