Daylight savings time

Airehead

3 hours ago, Airehead said:

Seems early this year. Then it will be dark when I go to work again. 

I had a similar experience: I spent a few weeks staring right into the Sun near the horizon for a couple blocks as I approached our school's entrance road in the morning and then, just as that was ending, the Sun moved back to the horizon and in my eyes for a few more weeks when DST started.

Since 2007, DST starts the 2nd Sunday in March and ends on the 1st Sunday in November.

From 1987-2006, DST started the 1st Sunday in April and ended on the last Sunday in December.

My high school coaching experience ran from 1987-2002 and Spring sports tryouts began March 15th.  I the extra hour of sunlight beginning April 1-8 was SO welcome and stopped practices from ending early.

Even though I had to get up about 5:30 am to teach school and still wake up by 7 am in retirement without an alarm most days because of those decades of conditioning, I would much rather have an extra hour of afternoon light at the expense of having another hour of morning darkness than not.

On the way home in the U-haul I would look at the dash clock and then the estimated time of arrival on maps on my phone, and kept thinking, God this is going to take forever. Turns out the clock on the dash was behind by an hour. Wasn’t quite as long of a trudge as I fretted. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Allen said:

On the way home in the U-haul I would look at the dash clock and then the estimated time of arrival on maps on my phone, and kept thinking, God this is going to take forever. Turns out the clock on the dash was behind by an hour. Wasn’t quite as long of a trudge as I fretted. 

It's too late to adjust it now.