Bought a tiny present.

maddmaxx

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

A very small gps device that measures speed and acceleration over a specified distance.  Then it puts the results on your phone in graphical format.  This, of course, is just instrumentation for my race cars.  I would never use it for simulated 1/4 mile runs in my full sized car.  :flirtyeyess:

Please tell me more. ....I think that I could find a use for it. 

• Haha 1

It's probably not good for lap times but it is good for speed and acceleration curves over a specified distance by GPS.  That's more or less straight line because it bases the distance on where you start and what it's set for.  Lap times will end at the start point and that's not a distance from start.  Great for drag racing though.

I have a OBDII to bluetooth dongle and an app on my phone.  It uses the phone GPS for accelleration (including lateral).  And tells me everything the computer knows.  I had to remove my instrument cluster for a week, I just set up the phone as my dashboard.

• Heart 1

Well, I spent the day selling old race car parts, motors etc as I am all in on the drag racing aspect now.  It fits my current lifestyle as many weekdays I'm out making test and tuneup runs locally by myself.  I sold off enough old stuff to pay for the onboard drag race timer (et and speed for 132 ft) mentioned above and enough left over to buy this fully adjustable wheelie bar, one of the final tuning aids to set up the outlaw street eliminator.  This can be adjusted so one wheel touches down slightly before the other if some steering correction is necessary leaving the starting line.  Next up will be testing a traction compound for one of the members of my racing club who wants to get into selling it.  I need some sunny days over 50 deg now.  The first big race around here is in April in Fall River MA.

JConcepts-DR10-Wheelie-Bar-Assembly-3.thumb.jpg.b7e60d6bfe7ca96f75fcac1ef0070ffe.jpg

7 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

https://www.skyrc.com/gsm020

That's so cool...   Can you mount it under the body?   I'm guessing they mounted it on the car so you can see the device.

7 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

It's probably not good for lap times but it is good for speed and acceleration curves over a specified distance by GPS.  That's more or less straight line because it bases the distance on where you start and what it's set for. 

It sounds like the very device a person might need for putting in a concrete driveway...

13 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

https://www.skyrc.com/gsm020

That's so cool...   Can you mount it under the body?   I'm guessing they mounted it on the car so you can see the device.

Inside the car on the chassis.  The bodies are only .040 lexan and don't seem to bother the signal.  There's nothing to actually see on the device.  It downloads the info to an app on your phone later.

• Heart 1