Change of plans

BR46

3 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Our son will not be able to meet us in California for the race so there's a change of plans. 

We won't be going to the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Laguna Seca raceway, Yellowstone or any other places along the way this year. So we will do another trip that we had on the back burner for years. A motorcycle trip with the only plan is to stop in Memphis for ribs.

We will replace the race at Laguna with a race in Topeka Kansas 

Texas sucks but the new track in Austin would be fun

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Sounds fun in a different kind of way

We have done trips like that before where we take off on the motorcycle with no idea on where we are going. 

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, BR46 said:

We have done trips like that before where we take off on the motorcycle with no idea on where we are going. 

Other than day trips I did that once for a week with a buddy years ago.  We ended up at Kitty Hawk, NC.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

40 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Our son will not be able to meet us in California for the race so there's a change of plans. 

We won't be going to the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Laguna Seca raceway, Yellowstone or any other places along the way this year. So we will do another trip that we had on the back burner for years. A motorcycle trip with the only plan is to stop in Memphis for ribs.

We will replace the race at Laguna with a race in Topeka Kansas 

Where you going for the ribs and why just ribs???  I worked for a firm based out of Memphis for 12 years and loved going back for meetings for the food.

They always catered both Corky’s for the wet BBQ and Rendezvous for the dry.   My favorite ribs & chicken were Rendezvous but I loved Corky’s pulled pork & Cole slaw. 

• Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Where you going for the ribs and why just ribs???  I worked for a firm based out of Memphis for 12 years and loved going back for meetings for the food.

They always catered both Corky’s for the wet BBQ and Rendezvous for the dry.   My favorite ribs & chicken were Rendezvous but I loved Corky’s pulled pork & Cole slaw. 

Never been to Memphis so I think that we will spend a few days there gaining weight. 

8 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Never been to Memphis so I think that we will spend a few days there gaining weight. 

Sounds like an excellent plan.  I have mentioned to my wife & kids we need to make a foodie trip to Memphis as I do miss the food. Beal St is cool for some drinks & blues but the really good food places weren’t on Beal.  

• Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Memphis sounds fun with all the music heritage, and it is hopefully a little less overheated than Nashville. 

I have never been to Nashville but Memphis (granted I hadn’t been there in 20 years) is really quiet after hours.   It seems come 6 PM downtown has hardly any traffic and those remaining are there for the food.   We would walk a few blocks to Beal and it was hoppin but the downtown area was really quiet.

But we were also there Sun night through Wed or Thurs & never on a Friday/Sat night.

The company hired nearly exclusively prior military & PD.  We had one manager who was an Ivy League business major.  We would all walk to Beal, usually in groups but sometimes we’d just meet up at a particular place.  The one & only mugging of one of our managers was that Ivy Leaguer...  Bad luck or maybe they could just tell an easy mark?

We drive through Nashville 6 to 8 times a year and we stopped a few times for lunch. Bands trying to get discovered will be playing in the bars as early as 10AM. 

With the motorhome and trailer they change a arm and a leg for parking in downtown so we skip stopping in downtown. 

3 minutes ago, BR46 said:

We drive through Nashville 6 to 8 times a year and we stopped a few times for lunch. Bands trying to get discovered will be playing in the bars as early as 10AM. 

With the motorhome and trailer they change a arm and a leg for parking in downtown so we skip stopping in downtown. 

I am not sure how Nashville feels about RV's downtown anymore.

• Heart 1