Yaaaaaaay!

Dirtyhip

My six pack isn't hidden, it's on the shelf in the fridge in plain sight.  Congratulations.  My wife always encourages me to eat stuff I am trying to avoid.  She says things like "A little bit won't hurt you, we don't have it that often, etc."

Luckily, my husband and I encourage each other to eat healthy.  We don't really chastise each other when we fall off the wagon, either.  We make jokes like "Uh oh, I see cookies"  or something like that.  If I want to go out for mexican food, he's like "I've been craving that too"

We seem to have a healthy balance.  He doesn't buy bad things at the grocery store.  He tends to shop like I do.  That helps a lot.  If it isn't here, I can't eat it.

• Heart 1

Reaching fitness goals is really cool.  It's a bit weird too, like you I am fighting a disease and I know that all of my healthy lifestyle things may not make much difference in the end but it can't hurt either.  I did really well on a 5K run I did this summer and I'm not a runner.

• Heart 3

One of my friends hugged me the other day and then put her hands on my rib cage and said "Check you out...little Riblet"  I sure hope the riblet name doesn't stick.  She usually calls me Gopro.  

Getting to 20 BMI has been constantly watching the eating and exercising a lot.  I use all kinds of exercise methods between biking, walking, elliptical, weights and rower.   I say no a ton at work regarding food.  There is a constant war with sabotage.

• Heart 1

Congrats.  How do you know what your BMI is.  I have no idea

There are many sites that calculate your BMI.  It's height in inches divided by weight.  It's an indicator of body mass but it fails to take into account the composition of that mass.  A young athlete will have the same BMI as an old sedentary person given the same height and weight values.  I'm 5' 5", 185 lbs.  My BMI classifies me as obese when I'm not.  To be in the "normal" range I would need to weigh 150.  If I got that low I could be an extra in Schindlers List.

• Heart 1