Do I need to go shopping...?

Zephyr

56 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Oh boy!  You are in trouble, but the pasta route seems a good idea.  I'm surprised the Garmin isn't more "obvious" about the emergency being triggered.

It normally is..., and when it goes off you have 30 seconds to cancel it.  But I stopped and went in the building to shut off alarms and open the bay door.  I guess by the time I got back to my bike it was done.  

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

I leave for work on my bike around 0645hrs daily.  Today when I got to the office my emergency signal on my garmin computer went off, and I did not notice.  My beautiful, still snuggled in bed wife got the signal and jumped up and was in the car heading to my location when she decided to call to see if I would answer and how bad it was.  Oops.

She is now back home and this will go one of two ways.  She will either spend the day appreciating me more and more that I am safe, or I need to make it up to her.  She is a cool chick and I think I will get a smile and a 'Yeah..., don't do that again" , but I may have to make homemade pasta on the weekend to make up for it

Even if it wasn't your fault you need to abase yourself and ask for forgiveness.  A dozen roses should do it.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Zephyr said:

but I may have to make homemade pasta on the weekend to make up for it

Yeah... it's time for pasta and wine.

So... what triggered the Garmin emergency alert?   

2 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

I turned off that feature on my Gamin. Too many false positives.

My Garmin watch has that feature.  I'll have to look... I'll guess back in August 2020 I probably turned on that feature.  It's never triggered for me, which probably is a god thing. 

27 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Yeah... it's time for pasta and wine.

So... what triggered the Garmin emergency alert?   

My Garmin watch has that feature.  I'll have to look... I'll guess back in August 2020 I probably turned on that feature.  It's never triggered for me, which probably is a god thing. 

It has a deceleration feature and maybe I stopped too quick at the building.  I have seen that when stopping suddenly at lights before.   Normally it goes off and I can shut it off.   But I jumped off and went inside, so didnt hear it.  When I came back out I went to put it to sleep and noticed the message so tried to cancel it,  not realizing the time was up.

Nice to know it does work though

5 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Do I need to go shopping...?

Do folks still "shop" for wives?  Mail order brides???  Or is it more a "Do I need to start swiping...?" sort of situation?  Definitely, though, go heavy on the assorted upgrades.  At our age, might as well go for the top-of-the-line model.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Do folks still "shop" for wives?  Mail order brides???  Or is it more a "Do I need to start swiping...?" sort of situation?  Definitely, though, go heavy on the assorted upgrades.  At our age, might as well go for the top-of-the-line model.

Might also want to avoid the mid life crisis fresh off the showroom floor sporty convertible model - that will definitely set off the Garmin

16 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

You need to do a striptease for her.  Lots of whipped cream should be employed.

And do a helicopter..., and then she will promise to not be mad anymore if I put my clothes back on.  Gotcha.  Good plan

• Heart 2