How will you celebrate the return of DST?

Some Old Guy

8 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Correction - Your thoughts.  The ads you see are based on your viewing history, not Clark's.

Interesting thought. I don’t know how that image came from looking for homebrew equipment, roofing contractors, and recipes but I’ll take your word for it. 

10 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Interesting thought. I don’t know how that image came from looking for homebrew equipment, roofing contractors, and recipes but I’ll take your word for it. 

That image never appeared on my screen, but I'll gladly take credit for it.   :D

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

The sheep will get an extra hour of sleep :scratchhead:  Or maybe go to bed earlier? Or maybe just be happier on their evening commute from the fields to the barn?

I can see why working folks might celebrate, but cannot fathom why retired folks are even concerned. They can just adjust their sleeping time and have the same results.

The convergence of DST (3/14) Texas Independence Day (TID) (3/2)* and Pie day (3/14) calls for an extraordinary weirdness. I present to you, the Dr Pepper Fudge Pie recipe. 

https://www.instructables.com/Dr-Pepper-Fudge-Pie/

* note that Texas Independence Day does not align with DST and Pie Day. This was planned for in the Republic of Texas constitution to remain fully independent of other silly Hallmark holidays. 

• Awesome 1

I had a slice of pumpkin pie for breakfast this morning. WoJSTL makes a great pumpkin pie. It will be all gone by Sunday today.

We have to pick up two grandsons from school at 1:30 pm and stay with them until 4 pm when their mother gets home from work. With the extra day of sunlight, we will be able to ride the tandem or go for a long walk afterwards now.

• Heart 1

Probably doing some planting.  :happyanim:

Next up is some redbud trees, more cedars, a fir, a red maple, and another walnut.

The local museum did a native plant sale, but I think they are very small and I won't see much for those in my lifetime.  I think they are about an inch tall. But, I bought some mock orange and dogwood.  I could not find manzanita, wild plum, or some of the other native plants that I love.  I also wanted lupine, but they said that those don't take to pots, and I think that sounds like bullshit.  I can get almost anything to take to a pot if done right.

1 minute ago, JerrySTL said:

With the extra day of sunlight, we will be able to ride the tandem or go for a long walk afterwards now.

I like to ride in the late hours of the day (cooler temps and no worries about sunburn), but certainly not long after sundown.  Since I ride on city streets, I much prefer to ride after most of the rush hour traffic has diminished, after 6 PM or so.  So with DST, by April, I will have a decent hour and a half window to ride every evening.  During the summer, it becomes more like 2 and a half hours.  :) 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1