Something unusual happened while my permanent crown was being installed

Some Old Guy

2 hours ago, Clark said:

Most of the preliminary fitting was done by a dental aide or whatever they are called (not the hygienist).  Anyway, my dentist eventually entered the room and started doing the final tests/adjustments.  As she began to work on me, I noticed a soft rhythmic pulsating noise coming from her chest area.  At first, I was concerned that she had some sort of medical device on that was assisting or monitoring her heart.  After about a minute or so of listening to the mysterious pulsating pulses, the dentist said to me, "Sorry for the noisy breast pump."  :o   

The pumping continued for the rest of my appointment.  Was it wrong of me to think about what was actually taking place while she worked on my teeth?  :unsure:

Was she hot?  How did you not lead with that information?

• Heart 1

I guess I know nothing about breast pumps.  I thought women used them at home and typically in a seated or relaxed position.  I didn't know that you can wear one under your clothes and while you are pumping, you can move around doing whatever, even something as relatively demanding as major dental work.   :o

22 hours ago, Clark said:

The pumping continued for the rest of my appointment.  Was it wrong of me to think about what was actually taking place while she worked on my teeth?  :unsure:

It should be remembered that when your dentist works on you and you are fully reclined in the dental chair, and she is a relatively short person, her chest area is within 10 inches or so of your head, even closer at times.  :frantics:  

22 hours ago, Clark said:

Most of the preliminary fitting was done by a dental aide or whatever they are called (not the hygienist).  Anyway, my dentist eventually entered the room and started doing the final tests/adjustments.  As she began to work on me, I noticed a soft rhythmic pulsating noise coming from her chest area.  At first, I was concerned that she had some sort of medical device on that was assisting or monitoring her heart.  After about a minute or so of listening to the mysterious pulsating pulses, the dentist said to me, "Sorry for the noisy breast pump."  :o   

That might be my daughter in a few months!  I was at the dentist this morning and my hygienist knows my daughter as their classes overlapped.  I had an 8 am appt and had to listen to her stomach growl during the cleaning.  

“You probably should feed that thing, it sounds angry...”. Oh my gosh I’m so sorry, yeah I was running late this morning & didn’t eat! 

• Heart 1

I had a new hygienist to the office clean my teeth yesterday. I do the IT work for the office so I know most of the staff. When she introduced herself she commented that I seemed to know the staff as well as her so I explained. Nice girl. Cute. Did a good job but very quiet while she worked. She had a tendency to rest her palms on my face while she worked. It was different, but I didn’t mind. 
The vast majority of of the staff is very attractive. Even the male dentists are movie star handsome. WoW changed over to my dentist office recently. She teased me about the pretty girls being the reason I like going there for work and as a patient. I didn’t deny it, but she had no complaints about getting her teeth worked on by Dr Brad, either!

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, groupw said:

Nice girl. Cute. Did a good job but very quiet while she worked. She had a tendency to rest her palms on my face while she worked. It was different, but I didn’t mind. 

So in the future, if she has a baby, don't be shocked if you hear a pumping noise coming from her chest...   :D

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, groupw said:

I had a new hygienist to the office clean my teeth yesterday. I do the IT work for the office so I know most of the staff. When she introduced herself she commented that I seemed to know the staff as well as her so I explained. Nice girl. Cute. Did a good job but very quiet while she worked. She had a tendency to rest her palms on my face while she worked. It was different, but I didn’t mind. 
The vast majority of of the staff is very attractive. Even the male dentists are movie star handsome. WoW changed over to my dentist office recently. She teased me about the pretty girls being the reason I like going there for work and as a patient. I didn’t deny it, but she had no complaints about getting her teeth worked on by Dr Brad, either!

A local JC has one of the best dental hygiene programs in CA.  I didn’t realize how hard it is to get into the program.  Nearly all of the accepted students have an undergrad degree and out of 1,500 applicants they take 30 students a year. My daughter got in on her 1st attempt which is rare.

But what surprised me is they seem to typecast as well.  Every student was young, fit & attractive. Not a single frumpy soccer mom in the bunch...

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah her class had 2 or 3 guys.  Mid 20’s fit & good looking dudes.  I’m thinking they were gay by their demeanor but if not gay a bit effeminate.   

Yeah, it is weird how I have regularly had male dentists who stuck their hands in my mouth, but always had female hygienists do the same.  I initially was like "I would want a female hygienist" but that makes no rational sense.  If I'm fine with a guy dentist, WTF wouldn't I be fine with a guy hygienist???  Weird.

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Yeah, it is weird how I have regularly had male dentists who stuck their hands in my mouth, but always had female hygienists do the same.  I initially was like "I would want a female hygienist" but that makes no rational sense.  If I'm fine with a guy dentist, WTF wouldn't I be fine with a guy hygienist???  Weird.

I am so old, when I first started going to the dentist, there were no hygienists.  The dentists were almost all male and they did everything, cleaning to crowns.

8 minutes ago, Clark said:

I am so old, when I first started going to the dentist, there were no hygienists.  The dentists were almost all male and they did everything, cleaning to crowns.

Dental hygienists are trained up to a very high degree.  My daughter does all of the anesthesia for the dentists as well as the X Rays.  She/they have a consult with the dentist first and she points out areas of concern for the dentist. She sometimes does fillings as well.

Her office relies on her & her team for a lot.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

20 minutes ago, Clark said:

I feel like that was also true for medical doctors.  A doctor and a receptionist.  Now it is mostly nurses and the doctor comes in for the brief consultation.

• Heart 1

50 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I feel like that was also true for medical doctors.  A doctor and a receptionist.  Now it is mostly nurses and the doctor comes in for the brief consultation.

When I was a kid in 50's, our family doctor, Dr. Robertson, came to our house way out in the country to treat me when I got the Measles.  :)

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Thank goodness for rubber gloves!!!   :D