Most redneck thing I saw today

Allen

5 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

I just don't understand why anyone would do this....    I guess I'm just old. 

My daughter had a plastic ball filled with blue powder.  She underhand tossed it to her husband who hit it with a bat revealing gender.  Both were competitive baseball/softball players so it was done safely.  It was during Covid lockdown so the families were social distanced outside.  

It was a bit over the top but nothing like what others are doing.

• Heart 1

46 minutes ago, Dottles said:

https://tannerite.com/

From the web site.

To reliably initiate, Tannerite® brand targets need to be hit solidly with a transonic (ital) round. A transonic round is one going 2,000 feet per second or faster. All other things being equal, larger diameter bullets work better than smaller ones.

So you would need something bigger than a hand gun to set this stuff off.  :wacko:

2 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

What if the child identifies as "all of the above"?

I think that would be at THEIR gender reveal.  You can't rush things, and gotta let folks find their own paths in life. :)

11 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Both were competitive baseball/softball players so it was done safely.

Too funny as I wondered how that could be "unsafe", but then I realized common sense is very lacking in many. 

16 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I think that would be at THEIR gender reveal.  You can't rush things, and gotta let folks find their own paths in life. :)

Too funny as I wondered how that could be "unsafe", but then I realized common sense is very lacking in many. 

Yeah my daughter stood off to the side and tossed it in at an angle.   So assuming SIL was standing at home properly, the pitch came at him from the 1st base foul line & not from the mound.  That way the fragments of ball & powder didn’t come back at her.