Do you subscribe to any video streaming services?

Kirby

Lots of people are cutting the cable cord (or never had cable tv) and relying on streaming services to watch tv and movies.  But the number of services are proliferating and I can't even keep them all straight.  Right now the only ones I have (and rarely watch) are Amazon Prime because it's included in the membership and Peacock Premium that I get because I have comcast cable.  At some point I'll likely get netflix as well, but right now my living room tv is a dumb tv that can't even stream (even with a fire stick), so I can only stream  on the bedroom tv.

How about you?  What streaming services do you use, if any? 

2 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Lots of people are cutting the cable cord (or never had cable tv) and relying on streaming services to watch tv and movies.  But the number of services are proliferating and I can't even keep them all straight.  Right now the only ones I have (and rarely watch) are Amazon Prime because it's included in the membership and Peacock Premium that I get because I have comcast cable.  At some point I'll likely get netflix as well, but right now my living room tv is a dumb tv that can't even stream (even with a fire stick), so I can only stream  on the bedroom tv.

How about you?  What streaming services do you use, if any? 

All sorts. Netflix and Prime are the longest I've been subscribed to, but Flobikes, GCN+, and NBC Sports app give wicked good coverage of cycling worldwide. Add in PBS, Disney, and HBOMax, and maybe some other ones????  Lots of apps - cheap (free Peacock) to costly (HBOMax) - but definitely more flexible in many ways than the traditional "full" cable package we used to have.

• Heart 1

Hulu Live is a good replacement for basic cable for a lot less. We have Netflix, Disney+ and CBS all access (I guess it changed to Paramount today) that we cost share with the kids. We each buy a service and share with the rest of the family. Amazon Prime because it is bundled. I would definitely not do all these if it was just on us. 

• Heart 1

Amazon Prime and then Disney+ because of the Verizon account.  And the hand full of others lesser services that are bundled with Roku.  I seldom ever watch a streaming service show.  WoKzoo does once in a while.  Most of my viewing is from basic cable.

• Heart 1

No 

There is the Fuel Cafe in Milwaukee that I go to for breakfast and to watch Moto Gp. 

Get together with friends and have breakfast and watch motorcycle racing. The only problem is it's 50+ miles and the racing starts at 7AM 

• Heart 2

Amazon prime and MLB are the only channels we pay for. Wo7 is a big baseball fan so she likes her MLB tv. We tried Netflix but never watched anything. We canceled after four months of non use. Our viewing preferences are so different that we hardly ever watch anything together. We have smart TVs and have the Apple fire stick so can stream a lot; just choose not to. So7 gets Disney+ for Star Wars etc.

• Heart 1

Amazon prime. I have a bunch of free ones that I rarely look at. Sometimes I watch some old episodes of "Dr. Who" on Pluto. A few episodes of "Warehouse 13"  on Peacock. I have Hoopla and Kanopy from the library, occasionally looking at movies on either. The TV comes with a free streaming service from Samsung. It's not very good. I don't know what else is there. I can get a lot of channels on the internet, USTVGO.tv is one service. Kind of iffy, though.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

all over the air for me

I wish that would be possible where I live.   I just searched...  I can get (if I buy an antenna) 3 stations, that I've never knew existed.  I'm guessing some kind of local stations.

image.png.0da9b4a4cb55255af0511e8e9bcf151f.png

We still have Hulu and Netflix.  

And of course the local cable company Mediacom.   

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

I wish that would be possible where I live.   I just searched...  I can get (if I buy an antenna) 3 stations, that I've never knew existed.  I'm guessing some kind of local stations.

image.png.0da9b4a4cb55255af0511e8e9bcf151f.png

We still have Hulu and Netflix.  

And of course the local cable company Mediacom.   

There's 93 channels in my area, but I get aboot 36 w/ my cheapo rabbit ears. I may invest into a better set. I'd like to be able to get Toledo. That will give me several more.

• Heart 1

We have Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu and Disney+.

Netflix was our first but now we're thinking about canceling it - we rarely watch it, though i can't bear to think about losing access to all the Monty Python's Flying Circus episodes (I'm the only one in the house who wants to see them) 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Netflix and we get Amazon Prime

2 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Netflix and Amazon Prime

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Netflix and Prime

2 hours ago, Mr. Silly said:

Netflix and Amazon Prime

2 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Netflix and Prime.

41 minutes ago, roadsue said:

Netflix, Amazon Prime

26 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

Amazon Prime, Netflix

What they said.

• Heart 2

I have Amazon Instant Video.

Several years ago, I needed a new Garmin car GPS in 2 days.  Amazon charged $57 for two day shipping but a pop-up said they'd ship it for free if I tried Amazon Prime free for a month.  So I did, intending to cancel within a month.

But I discovered Amazon Instant Video and, already having done away with cable and using a $35 amplified thin-film antenna on my TV room wall to get 30+ Baltimore and D.C. broadcast channels, it gave me the movie, documentary, and old TV shows channels I was missing.  Plus, if I went somewhere that didn't have it, I could take my laptop and a long HDMI cable and do Amazon Instant Video at someone else's house: my nephew Adam and I watch "Jumanji" when I baby sat him at his home one day several years ago.  I still carry a 25' HDMI cable in my car in case.

Eventually, in my area, it's almost as cheap to get the Verizon Triple Package as to get Cable TV, Internet, and Phone separately, so I have Fios now,  but broadcast TV with a thin film antenna, Amazon Prime, and a $99 refurbished VCR/DVD Player/Recorder that picks up broadcast TV can be a cheap alternative if you are in an area with a lot of TV stations and you can get cheap, fast internet.

Hulu covers most of what we watch.  Our daughter lets us use one of her Netflix logins, I suppose as payback for the $millions we spent raising her.  Sometimes we use Junior Wife's Amazon Prime, but mostly for movies.  Peacock is currently free from Comcast. And there's a bunch of free stuff on Roku, but you get what you pay for.