Kids with entitlement syndrome

Dirtyhip

Some rotten little brat just stormed out of my office, because I happened to mention that lots of people get their time card in on time and it is her responsibility to do so as well.  She told me she was out of town and that is why she didn't turn it in on time.  I wasn't buying what she was selling to me.

She stormed out and didn't even let me finish talking to her about the matter.

<I'm going to storm off like a child, because I don't like what you are saying to me.  Booo hooo hooooo>

People are just like that these days.  New nurses coming right out of nursing school act like they are owed the world. 

"Look at me! I just graduated! I made it all of the way through nursing school!"

None of them want to pay their dues.  None of them want to work nights, holidays, etc.  It pisses me off.

I'd be terminating her immediately.

I don't get that luxury.  I am just the sap that has to process her timecard and has to respond to her questions about "When will I get paid?" as she hands me a time card 5 days before normal checks are cut and uses an excuse of "I was out of town".  Normal payroll closed on Monday.

She was such a little wench to me.  I wanted to slap her so hard that it knocked the tats off her ugly arms.

I don't get that luxury.  I am just the sap that has to process her timecard and has to respond to her questions about "When will I get paid?" as she hands me a time card 5 days before normal checks are cut and uses an excuse of "I was out of town".  Normal payroll closed on Monday.

She was such a little wench to me.  I wanted to slap her so hard that it knocked the tats off her ugly arms.

I didn't mean fire her.

• Heart 1

I would never suggest how unfortunate it would be if her time card got 'lost' for another week.  Or two.

I can't do that.  I am certain that she stormed over to payroll and reported me.  They will be well aware of the card.  If I "lose" it, then it becomes my problem.  No thanks.  I will not give her the satisfaction of getting me in trouble for something avoidable on my part.

The card is entered and sent over to the powers.  My work here is done.

I just was shocked that a young girl would talk to me like that.  Kids have zero respect for people it seems.  Well, some kids.  I doubt P8's Emmy would talk to me like that.  Really, I blame the parents.

I was just going to say, I bet you don't actually make out the check...I am guessing the people who do run into this a lot ...especially if these are  student workers.  You did your thing and passed it on.  It would be nice if payroll would follow up and not send her a check until the next pay period....but who knows if you will be so lucky. 

I am going on vacation...and my card is ready to be sent in while I am gone :nod head: