Strange New World

jsharr

1 minute ago, smudge said:

My first thought was, That's funny! And I chuckled. Now I'm concerned. LEAVE MANWICH ALONE!!!!

What if they promised, as part of the name change, to ALSO start actually using real beef instead of whatever it is they currently use?  WIN-WIN???

17 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

What if they promised, as part of the name change, to ALSO start actually using real beef instead of whatever it is they currently use?  WIN-WIN???

It’s just a sauce. You put your own meat in it. Something tells me you’ve live a sheltered culinary existence. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

It’s just a sauce. You put your own meat in it. Something tells me you’ve live a sheltered culinary existence. 

That is probably true.  I wonder if Spam and Manwich pair well with each other.  Serve it with a Diet Dew, and it can be a celebratory feast fir for a king!

• Hugs 1

Just now, Kzoo said:

It goes along with him being a snowflake.  He needs to grow a pair.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around grown ups eating Manwich.  I think CA and the cultural elitism of guys like @ChrisL is starting to wear off on me!  I'm craving an arugula salad, but now feel like I need to go get some Impossible meat and a can of Manwich and see what the fuss is about.

• Heart 1

21 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

The pendulum is swinging faster and farther.  We may never achieve cooperation and enlightenment. 

There are those that say this is a nothing more than a pipe dream and nothing to do with reality.  I think what's happening, and I'm probably wrong, is that the majority doesn't like jumping through the hoops laid down by the minority.  

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around grown ups eating Manwich.  I think CA and the cultural elitism of guys like @ChrisL is starting to wear off on me!  I'm craving an arugula salad, but now feel like I need to go get some Impossible meat and a can of Manwich and see what the fuss is about.

Cultural elitism???? Dude I’ll take you to some of my “elite” places.  

I have had sloppy Joe’s in the mess hall but not something I make.  I don’t believe I have ever used Manwich.  Maybe I am an elitist! 😁

I keep seeing these memes about "they're coming for nnnnn next!!!"

NO.

No "they're" not.

Ya know, there are some things that we've gotten wrong in the past.  It's not political correctness, it's admitting we got it wrong and are smart enough to correct them.  

It's more of a snowflake thing to not be able to admit and correct mistakes

And complaining about the Dr. Suess thing is insane.  It was the Dr. Suess foundation deciding ON THEIR OWN WITH NO ONE ASKING THEM TO.  They didn't get cancelled, they decide.  BTW, Geisel was pretty much known to be a full on racist.

• Heart 1