So, I have a fever, but I am freezing

Dirtyhip

12 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

Tylenol helps.

I still can't believe they are allowed to sell that in the actual medication section,  I think it should be sold in the homeopathy section where people think wishes make them feel better.

Advil works, though.  I miss the days when aspirin ruled, why did that go out of fashion?

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Advil works, though.  I miss the days when aspirin ruled, why did that go out of fashion?

I have to take one low dose aspirin (baby aspirin) in the morning with my blood thinner. No more, no less. I’m not allowed any anti-inflamitory. It could make my heart stop. 

• Sad 2

17 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

The fever response makes no sense.  Shouldn't I feel hot?

Whenever I wake up during this pandemic and feel chilly I check my temperature to see if I have a fever.

The bigger the difference in temperature between your body and its surroundings, the faster heat is transferred from one to the other.

When you have a fever, your body is usually warmer than the air around you, so it is taking heat away from your body faster and my guess is that your nervous system registers chills because it's sensing heat loss.

4 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I still can't believe they are allowed to sell that in the actual medication section,  I think it should be sold in the homeopathy section where people think wishes make them feel better.

works on me

• Heart 1