Car shopping is finished

Some Old Guy

Just now, Further said:

Yep

Even though they look good, old tires have issues

Mine were cracked where the sidewall meets the tread area.  They wouldn't pass inspection.  If they had, I would probably still be driving on them.  It seemed a shame to throw away tires with all that tread left on them.

4 minutes ago, Clark said:

Mine were cracked where the sidewall meets the tread area.  They wouldn't pass inspection.  If they had, I would probably still be driving on them.  It seemed a shame to throw away tires with all that tread left on them.

I had some old tires fly apart on the highway, they had plenty of tread and it just flew every where. They were older than 5 years though....

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Further said:

I had some old tires fly apart on the highway, they had plenty of tread and it just flew every where. They were older than 5 years though....

Mine were 11 years old, but I keep my truck out of most of the sun and weather by always parking in my carport.  I rarely drive on interstates, mostly just short trips around town.  Even if they had separated, I probably would have been okay at 35 mph.  :)

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Clark said:

I last shopped for a vehicle in Feb of 2009 when I bought my Ford Ranger.  12 years later, it has approximately 15K miles on the odometer.  At this rate, I won't turn over 50,000 until almost the year 2050.  :o

Unless my truck gets destroyed in a massive wreck or the engine inexplicably blows up, my car shopping days are over.   :)

Just wash it often.  Being close to the VA Beach ocean will rust vehicles.

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, Clark said:

I last shopped for a vehicle in Feb of 2009 when I bought my Ford Ranger.  12 years later, it has approximately 15K miles on the odometer.  At this rate, I won't turn over 50,000 until almost the year 2050.  :o

Unless my truck gets destroyed in a massive wreck or the engine inexplicably blows up, my car shopping days are over.   :)

Funny you should mention 50K!

My bought-with-7-miles-on-it in 2013 Honda Fit got to 49K in February.  I'm driving so much less than normal!  Driving to take Jake and my bike (arrives 3/29) to trails should get me to 50K faster.