Cleaning out the basement

12string

Have to make room to store some other stuff, so digging through to see what I can get rid of.

Some audio racks, couple transmitters and things, should net me about $500.  Some kitchsy art deco air cleaners, one is worth about $90, the other I can't find, pretty rare, those are on ebay waiting to see if a bidding war erupts.  Car parts, another $300 or so.  I could buy some art or something now!

I did put a bunch of computers and scrap metal to the curb, so somebody else is making money too.

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Did you give @donkpow any advanced notice so he had a fighting chance to get in on the action?

@donkpow has professional ethics.  He reclaims "lost" items.  I am not sure he is curb surfer or dumpster diver, but I could be wrong.  I usually am.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, 12string said:

Cleaning out the basement

Have to make room to store some other stuff,

You are definitely doing it wrong.

Here's the better post:

"Cleaning out the basement...to get rid of all the shit that gets stored in the basement/attic/garage because it is so unnecessary, there is no real reason to even have it at all anymore."

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Here's the better post:

"Cleaning out the basement...to get rid of all the shit that gets stored in the basement/attic/garage because it is so unnecessary, there is no real reason to even have it at all anymore."

and I have more shit stacking up in the house that I need to shove down the basement steps.

10 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

We always do that before having people over. The basement is like a roach hotel. Crap checks in but it doesn’t check oot. :(

I wonder is that is how the stuff on Antiques Roadshow gets found.  Back in the 1760 the Earl of Seabury shoved some painting my Mike Angelo down the basement when the Queen was coming over?  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Here's the better post:

I'm doing it even wronger than you think.

I have to make room for OTHER PEOPLE'S stuff.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

I wonder is that is how the stuff on Antiques Roadshow gets found.  Back in the 1760 the Earl of Seabury shoved some painting my Mike Angelo down the basement when the Queen was coming over?  

Exactly 

• Heart 1