Just sent an employee home.

2Far

I think 2Far would have mentioned it by now if he didn't take the BP reading.

Maybe, maybe not. But until he does interject, it's an assumption.

If the BP was that low, the employee shouldn't be driving.

Probably correct. But the employer isn't responsible for how an individual gets to and from work unless the individual is driving a company vehicle, is compensated for drive time or conducting company business in route.

finally you are starting to make sense.

I'm not saying 2 Far should have let him keep working, just that he should have handled it differently. I also don't believe he has legal grounds to require the employee to get a doctor's release.

I forgot to add the "Dripping with Sarcasm emoticon. 

the employer isn't responsible for how an individual gets to and from work unless the individual is driving a company vehicle, is compensated for drive time or conducting company business in route.

No he may not be legally responsible, part of being a good boss is looking out for the employee.

I know that if I sent an employee home that was lightheaded, and they got into a car accident because of it, I'd feel pretty bad about it.

No he may not be legally responsible, part of being a good boss is looking out for the employee.

But now you are determining what a "good boss" is. Sorry, that's very subjective. And anyone can argue any thing when it's subjective. I'm not saying what you should or shouldn't do. I am saying that it wasn't 2Far's responsibility to get his employee home.

I know that if I sent an employee home that was lightheaded, and they got into a car accident because of it, I'd feel pretty bad about it.

Great. I might too. But because you may do that doesn't mean everyone should.

But now you are determining what a "good boss" is. Sorry, that's very subjective. And anyone can argue any thing when it's subjective. I'm not saying what you should or shouldn't do. I am saying that it wasn't 2Far's responsibility to get his employee home.

Great. I might too. But because you may do that doesn't mean everyone should.

All I've been saying all along is that 2Far could have handled this better.

I don't think he has the legal right to demand a doctor's release to return to work, but I could be wrong. None of us are attorney familiar with Texas labor laws, so who knows?

All I've been saying all along is that 2Far could have handled this better.

I don't think he has the legal right to demand a doctor's release to return to work, but I could be wrong. None of us are attorney familiar with Texas labor laws, so who knows?

Texas has no labor laws.  They stop just on the other side of Rio Grande to the south and the Red River to the north.

• Heart 2

The sink employees seldom make the commute from the labor pool.

A wounded horse will never make it to water.. 

No, really. I am. The world is a better place now without me playing that garbage some folks called music.

But the dirty hippies need you... how will they stay dirty and dumb without you really being here? 

Oh, they don't have any brain cells left, so they just continue to be dirty and dumb.

this is true... but we could not have something to make fun of....

The dirty hippies have Fish now.

True, but so does Jsharr... we all know it has STD's where hippies are on LSD, and might contract STD's or HIV... should we just cut the music out of the equation and just send the hippies to play with jsharr's dead bass? 

this is true... but we could not have something to make fun of....

True, but so does Jsharr... we all know it has STD's where hippies are on LSD, and might contract STD's or HIV... should we just cut the music out of the equation and just send the hippies to play with jsharr's dead bass? 

why do you hate dead bass so?

• Heart 1

Let's take this one further.  If 2Far insists on taking the employee to a Med Center, and the employee refuses, 2Far is violating the person's rights.

If 2Far takes the employee to a Med Center and gets involved in an accident on the way there, 2Far could be liable --and possibly the employer.

If I was the employee, and had a few brain cells, it might be *my* responsibility due to the way I'm feeling to call a friend or relative, and see if I could get a ride home or to a Med Center or my doctor where I got the BP medication.

what rights would he be violating?

Let's start here:

http://injury.findlaw.com/torts-and-personal-injuries/false-imprisonment.html

"In fact, any person who intentionally restricts another's freedom of movement without their consent (and without legal justification) may be liable for false imprisonment, which is both a crime and a civil wrong. It can occur in a room, on the streets, or even in a moving vehicle—just as long as the subject is unable to move freely, against his or her will."

Here comes the next question, striking off on a tangent from LW's logical response and only peripherally related to the topic (if at all), posed merely to string the thread out into a tiresome level of detail until people forget the inanity posted several pages back.

Ready?

Wait for it...  Wait... Wait...

This is turning into an epg thread!

• Heart 1