Ceramic Car Coatings

Forum Administrator

20 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Looks good. Griot's is a professional quality line of car care products. Good choice.

I really like their interior cleaner and leather protectant.  Also, the spray and wipe stuff for in-between washes.  I am a little compulsive about that.  I hate a clean car with a few spots of dirt. Funny though, if it gets overall dirty, I am way less bothered.

61uDTmEFBLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Einstien gave me speed wipes for Christmas and I was thrilled./

• Awesome 1

The toxic place I used to work at bought a new truck. I suggested, rather than tie the truck up for a day at the sign painters, order up some vinyl lettering signs and install it themselves. Without telling me they did just that and were so proud of the job they did they claimed the idea as their own. Until the stickers blew off a few days later, then it was my idea again. I told them had they asked, I would have told them to prep the paint by removing the ceramic coating the dealer applied first. Ah yes, passive aggressiveness isn't as much fun for the aggressor if they're playing checkers while their "victim" is playing chess. ;)

• Awesome 2

1 hour ago, 12string said:

I suppose I should look into the ceramic wax thing.  I haven't had time to wax, I've been paying shops, but I don't do it as often as I should for ungaraged vehicles

This is why I love that hybrid ceramic stuff. Watch one of their videos. It literally takes one additional rinse on wash day to wax your car. I'm not saying it's professional detail stuff but I like it and it looks good.