I'm turning in my resignation 1 week from tomorrow

AirwickWithCheese
Go to solution Solved by Ralphie,

I average 1 resignation per year but this one is for keeps.

Can you explain?  I'm just trying to make sure I understand.  You resign from a job about once a year?

Not trying to be disrespectful, just trying to make sure I get it.  And is it okay to talk about why things are "to that point"?

I know what it's like to have had to resign; I'm fortunate in having been blessed to have found something to move on to prior to resignation (though this year, I was concerned I'd have to without a position lined up).

Can you explain?  I'm just trying to make sure I understand.  You resign from a job about once a year?

Not trying to be disrespectful, just trying to make sure I get it.  And is it okay to talk about why things are "to that point"?

I know what it's like to have had to resign; I'm fortunate in having been blessed to have found something to move on to prior to resignation (though this year, I was concerned I'd have to without a position lined up).

Okay, Cheese starts a thread like this once a year.  He tries his hardest to convince his audience he is going to resign from his job.  He's never resigned.  Not once.  

But, maybe he will this time.  Just maybe.

Couch

Okay, Cheese starts a thread like this once a year.  He tries his hardest to convince his audience he is going to resign from his job.  He's never resigned.  Not once.  

But, maybe he will this time.  Just maybe.

Couch

Actually I've submitted my resignation 5 times in the last 6 years.

Then they talk me out of it. Last time, September 2012 I was told they would accept my next resignation.
I really don't want to go but I can't handle the stress anymore.

So, I feel I have very little choice.

Most of the time my post is with mental health inmates. I love working with MH as I am nuts myself. Lately though they've been housing all types in my unit.... gang, medical, heck everything.

My life was verbally threatened 6 times today. :(

I'm too sensitive and precious for this.

And I wish I was kidding but sadly I'm not.

Actually I've submitted my resignation 5 times in the last 6 years.

Then they talk me out of it. Last time, September 2012 I was told they would accept my next resignation.
I really don't want to go but I can't handle the stress anymore.

So, I feel I have very little choice.

If you've handed in your resignation five times in six years and they've always talked you out of it, you've got a weird relationship with your workplace. It's not good for an employee to be in a place where the atmosphere leads to such actions so often. And it's not good for an employer to have such a frustrated employee. 

This time, assume the door will close behind you permanently the moment you hand in your resignation. 

Do you have a new job lined up, or at least some solid job leads? 

If you've handed in your resignation five times in six years and they've always talked you out of it, you've got a weird relationship with your workplace. It's not good for an employee to be in a place where the atmosphere leads to such actions so often. And it's not good for an employer to have such a frustrated employee. 

This time, assume the door will close behind you permanently the moment you hand in your resignation. 

Do you have a new job lined up, or at least some solid job leads?

They made it clear next letter is my last. But, I am good at what I do. My MH inmates miss me and go nuts without me. Last Tuesday a guy named Taylor tried to commit suicide by slicing his exists. Vertically, not across. 5+ years and no one tried to hurt themselves on my watch but the county averages 2 a month on other shifts.

I'm serious, I'm nuts but good at what I do but no one appreciated it except the inmates.

Before handing in your resignation, please make an appointment to sit down with your employer for a long heart-to-heart talk. Tell him or her about what you're feeling and how you're having a hard time coping.

During this discussion, do not mention any thoughts of quitting or resigning. That's not the purpose of this discussion. All you want at this point is a way to cope with a very stressful situation. Nothing else.

You've said you're good at what you do and you take pride in your work. It sounds as if it would go better for you if you could find a way to stay where you are and cope with the difficulties you're facing. And your employers would probably appreciate it a lot more than if they had to find someone to replace you.

If your meeting with your employer does not result in a positive solution, then give yourself two or three weeks to think it over before handing in your resignation. This is not a decision to be rushed. 

So who is going to protect the squirrels and beat the homeless if your not around?

Good q. I'd like to think I'll be missed but they won't admit.

You know, I'd like a stress free job like dog walker. But, my competition would be pretty young women.

I wouldn't even hire me. :(

The new Otis is in for attempted murder and has nothing to lose. He now spends his time on the internet studying how to make my life miserable just because he can.

This leaves very little time for me and Jaunita and I suspect she's hanging out with Goober.

The new Otis is in for attempted murder and has nothing to lose. He now spends his time on the internet studying how to make my life miserable just because he can.

This leaves very little time for me and Jaunita and I suspect she's hanging out with Goober.

The new otis??? Did Opie chafe his name?? That kid was a troublesome soul that was always hitting on the other chicks including Aunt Bee. I would have figured Clara Edwards and Opie would have hooked up at one point.. She was kind of a looker. 

• Heart 1

Destination is wise.  Don't rush anything.  It's much better to have another job lined up, or at least a solid idea of what you want to do. I'm sorry you're feeling stressed at work, it sounds very emotionally draining. 

I just want to be loved without the threat of violence.

Avoid prison jobs.

But seriously, Destination has some good points.  This is what I did in an employment situation I was in.  I wrote a letter detailing things out, on the advice from others.  While things did not turn out quite the way I had hoped for, I did get some assistance.

In the end, I ended up making a change.  However, not long ago I would have done exactly what you have thought of doing, without the letter.  I am very glad I listened to the people who assisted me in writing it, and in being calm, reasonable, but assertive as well.  It bolstered who *I* am as a person, and offered me relief in the way that I didn't have to carry nearly so much inside of me as I had.

Know this throughout, my friend --you are not alone.

Hmmmm......take some vacation time. Go catch some delicious bass. Then throw them back to make more baby basses. Clear your head. Then go talk to the boss man. And don't forget to bring the Lt. a hot dog this time.