My nightmares this week

Forum Administrator

I have some crazy vivid dreams on a regular basis. That's nothing new.  The past couple of nights, I have had flat-out nightmares. Reading them, it is so unreal, it is funny.  But I have been waking up in the middle of the night scared to death...  Here's the weird thing....  I am not currently interviewing for a job. I'm really only doing the normal "looking for a job, but it must be 100% what I want" before I apply.   Not sure why I am having these dreams.

Nightmare 1: I am getting ready to head into a job interview.  Right before I go into the room, I realize I am wearing a shirt and tie, shorts and no shoes.  I panic and find a blanket and wrap it around my waist to hide that I am in shorts.  I go through the entire interview like this.  The last question the interviewer asks is, "Why aren't you wearing shoes?"

NIghtmare 2: I am at work and I get a call that I have to interview for a new job in an hour.  I'm not dressed for the interview, so I try to find appropriate clothes.  I spend almost the entire time trying to find the correct undershirt. I start changing in my office and a parent walks in while I am naked. I try to cover myself, and she says that she has seen me naked many times before. Then, I get to the interview and there are about 20 people there.  The first question is about student motivation.... Then, the second person starts yelling at me about the grading system.  I keep telling her I am not in charge of that anymore, but she just keeps yelling at me.  

• Hugs 1

My most common nightmarish scenario is like driving a car and not being in control. Sometimes it's a car, sometimes walking, just some form of conveyance that you would normally expect to be in control. Then you lose control or go blind something like that. The terror ends only on waking.

I had a weird dream Sunday-Monday night.

I was back in my home and for some reason I can't remember I had to put plastic kitchen gloves on my hands and go outside, walking around the house to do whatever needed to be done - which left gooey stuff on the gloves.

When I got back to the front door from which I had exited, the door was wide open and, looking in, the television was gone.

The front single door had also somehow become a double-door but I didn't notice that was unusual in the dream.

I woke up almost immediately and, looking straight ahead, saw a TV!

I wonder if my discussions about securing my house when it comes time to moving stuff into it over a couple weeks from the apartment were weighing on my mind.  I'm going to have some lights with timers to turn them on and off during the evening, etc.