clean or dirty hit

Former member

Wes lowered his head. If he hadn't, the contact would have been on his shoulder.

The NFL is making it nearly impossible to play defense. Have you watched a preseason game this year?

I'm not disagreeing with you.  And it doesn't matter to the powers that be at the NFL office whether he lowered his head or not.  I was an illegal hit on a defenseless receiver  - flag and $$$$$.

I have watched one complete half of one game and snippets of several others.  I've only witnessed a couple of the defensive contact calls that everyone is complaining about.  So I haven't seen the excessive flags, but only because I haven't been watching much.  

I have watched one complete half of one game and snippets of several others.  I've only witnessed a couple of the defensive contact calls that everyone is complaining about. 

The biggest problem I've seen is the call "hands to the face". If a defensive player simply touches a receiver's facemask at the line of scrimmage, the zebras are throwing the flag.

Dirty.  He was not trying to tackle at all.  He was trying to hit him in the head.

What happened to break down, get low, wrap up and drive through with your hips?

I love to get a guy off his feet and drive him into the ground.  Clean hit and he was looking for you on the next play instead of trying to run.

Dirty. He was not trying to tackle at all. He was trying to hit him in the head.

What happened to break down, get low, wrap up and drive through with your hips?

What happened to WRs trying to get yards after a catch?

Wes was leading forward with his head to get extra yards, and there was no way to avoid hitting him there.

FWIW, most of the writers/analysts are saying there was nothing dirty about the hit.