Are there Cub Scouts in Britain?

AirwickWithCheese

Scouting started in England.  Lord Baden-Powell was a British Army scout who wrote a book on scouting to teach men coming into the army how to be a good scout, field craft, etc.

It turned into a hit with the youth in Britian and it ended up being Baden-Powells life long pursuit after he retired from the army.

I have a copy of Scouting for Boys, the adaptation of his book for men, that started the whole movement.  

Scouting came to America after an English scout, name unknown, helped W.D Boyce, an American businessman who was lost in a London fog, find his way to his destination.  Boyce tried to tip the youth who told him he was a scout and was just doing his duty.

Boyce was so taken by this that he started scouting in America in 1910. 

• Heart 1

Scouting started in England.  Lord Baden-Powell was a British Army scout who wrote a book on scouting to teach men coming into the army how to be a good scout, field craft, etc.

It turned into a hit with the youth in Britian and it ended up being Baden-Powells life long pursuit after he retired from the army.

I have a copy of Scouting for Boys, the adaptation of his book for men, that started the whole movement.  

Scouting came to America after an English scout, name unknown, helped W.D Boyce, an American businessman who was lost in a London fog, find his way to his destination.  Boyce tried to tip the youth who told him he was a scout and was just doing his duty.

And you believe that story?

• Heart 1

Baden Powell was related to my dad, I have a pic of them together...... true story