My Freaking Pink Shoes & SART Ass Hattery

ChrisL

I have been dealing with a bug and so we took an easy cruise along the coast.  Coming up SART back home and my wife is long gone as she wanted to hammer & well, I’m slow! 😁

As I’m cruising along enjoying the ride some Tri chick rides up next to me, slows to my pace & says, wow check you out all color coordinated in pink. Me: Yep, check me out. Her: I haven’t seen a guy so concerned about his looks before... Me: Yep that’s me, the fashionista. 

Her: Ah man,  I’m just bustin on ya.  Me: Is that your thing, ride up to people you don’t know & start fucking with them?  Her: Whatever dude, have a nice day... Me: Oh I am!  

Why does this kind of shit always happen to me on SART??? 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

56 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Better than some of the other things that happen on SART.  BTW, have they had any success with weeding out the homeless camps blocking the trail?

30 minutes ago, UglyBob said:

Better than some of the other things that happen on SART.  BTW, have they had any success with weeding out the homeless camps blocking the trail?

Good point!

Yeah there was a big clean out maybe 2 years ago and the encampment was removed.  I don’t ride that far up on SART so don’t have 1st hand knowledge but I believe the homeless are still gone, or mostly gone.

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

You have an extremely diverse selection of idiots in your area.  Actually, most areas have an extremely diverse selection of idiots.

• Heart 1

31 minutes ago, jdc2000 said:

You have an extremely diverse selection of idiots in your area.  Actually, most areas have an extremely diverse selection of idiots.

Yeah probably so but crap like this always seem to happen on that trail.  I ride numerous other routes, another MUP and other roadies are snobbish but keep to themselves.  

It always seems if somebody is going to say something stupid to me it’ll be on SART.

21 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

It always seems if somebody is going to say something stupid to me it’ll be on SART.

But it sounds like you were prepared for it by wearing some God-awful kit, riding like a noob, and being all quick draw on the snarky come-back. I’d say you’ve got this trail on lock. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I have been dealing with a bug and so we took an easy cruise along the coast.  Coming up SART back home and my wife is long gone as she wanted to hammer & well, I’m slow! 😁

As I’m cruising along enjoying the ride some Tri chick rides up next to me, slows to my pace & says, wow check you out all color coordinated in pink. Me: Yep, check me out. Her: I haven’t seen a guy so concerned about his looks before... Me: Yep that’s me, the fashionista. 

Her: Ah man,  I’m just bustin on ya.  Me: Is that your thing, ride up to people you don’t know & start fucking with them?  Her: Whatever dude, have a nice day... Me: Oh I am!  

You ask for it. Next time don't wear such a low cut dress.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, roadsue said:

But it sounds like you were prepared for it by wearing some God-awful kit, riding like a noob, and being all quick draw on the snarky come-back. I’d say you’ve got this trail on lock. 

Truth be told I don’t like riding SART but when doing a beach ride it’s the best route. It passes a few miles from my house and is unencumbered all the way to the beach. 

I admit I was already primed for someone to say something stupid and somebody did which triggered my response.  I  probably should have just let it go.  

1 minute ago, roadsue said:

She’s got a story to tell. 

#WinWin

Some other bike forum:

So I’m out on a ride & I see a guy (riding really slow) with a really cool kit & matching shoes, pink even!  So I pay the guy a complement on his matching kit and the jack ass lays into me.  

Damn I hate riding SART, so many dick heads...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Some other bike forum:

So I’m out on a ride & I see a guy (riding really slow) with a really cool kit & matching shoes, pink even!  So I pay the guy a complement on his matching kit and the jack ass lays into me.  

Damn I hate riding SART, so many dick heads...

Close. 😃

• Hugs 1

40 minutes ago, Zealot said:

In your defense, @ChrisL, had you done the reciprocal to a female rider, ridden up and commented about her clothing, riding, etc.. you’d have most likely been labeled a prick. But you’re expected to accept any commentary from a woman.  It’s a double standard. 

Was it a compliment though? What is the intent of this type of message?

Her: I haven’t seen a guy so concerned about his looks before... Me: Yep that’s me, the fashionista. 

She then admits she pulled up beside me to bust on me:

Her: Ah man,  I’m just bustin on ya.

You are 100% correct but I don’t believe her intent was to compliment me but to just fuck with a random dude based on his riding kit.  And then I’m the ass for calling her out for it. 

45 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Was it a compliment though? What is the intent of this type of message?

Her: I haven’t seen a guy so concerned about his looks before... Me: Yep that’s me, the fashionista. 

She then admits she pulled up beside me to bust on me:

Her: Ah man,  I’m just bustin on ya.

You are 100% correct but I don’t believe her intent was to compliment me but to just fuck with a random dude based on his riding kit.  And then I’m the ass for calling her out for it. 

Oh, I believe like you said, she was just trying to bust on you.  And in her mind you should have just accepted it. 

• Heart 1

17 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Coming up SART back home and my wife is long gone as she wanted to hammer & well, I’m slow! 😁

14 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I’m gonna take him on SART so he can experience it himself! 

Based on the latest evidence, I think I might need to ride with the Hammer not the Snail in the ChrisL family.  SPEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD!!!! :speedy:

• Heart 2

17 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I ride numerous other routes, another MUP and other roadies are snobbish but keep to themselves.  

I just can't figure folks out - especially the roadies.  It's like 90% are snobs, shy, deaf, or in such a deep zone they don't interact with you.  I say hi to all folks I pass on a bike - cruisers, roadies, MTB, ebike, TT, etc.. - and I seem to get the most response out of the ebike riders. They just seem HAPPY to be putzing around, so more likely to respond even if just for the few seconds we have as I pass.  A week or so ago, I did get into a several minute chat with a roadie as we were headed down the road along the beach.  He gave me some suggestions for rides beyond the shore, so that was nice. 

In any case, I'd say the TT woman could pretty much find ANY roadie I see (including the TT/tri folks) and use that same matchy-matchy comment.  Maybe most folks shoes are not crazy - black, white, or hi-viz yellow - but certainly the kits are colorful and/or matched from sock to shorts to jersey etc..

8 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Pink shoes - how about the laces?

My “pink” shoes did come with matching laces but I put the black ones on them.

Not sure if folks followed this reference from years back but my shoes are actually traffic cone Orange.  

I was riding a local MTB trail and a section of it goes right by a fire house.  I passed a fireman getting his run in & said hello.  About 2 miles past that I rolled up on a biker who went down hard & needed EMS so I stopped & rendered aid.

Well after they took the guy away one of the firemen who responded was that runner and he said, oh man when I heard the call & location I thought it was pink shoes who went down!  😂

I have referred to them as my pink shoes ever since. I do get a lot of comments on them too.

• Haha 1