Blinding!

Razors Edge

Quick response from Lezyne support:

"Thank you for contacting Lezyne. It sounds like you have a model of the Zecto called the Zecto Pro. You can revert to the white front lights by holding the power button down for 5 seconds."

So, held down the power button and one red LED lit up, then it flashed, then it CHANGED to clear and all the LEDs started flashing.  I was temporarily BLINDED but luckily did not have a seizure.

FIXED!

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

I was temporarily BLINDED but luckily did not have a seizure.

One time on a ride w/ friends I was riding behind a guy w/ a red LED blinky light. It was angled up too high and I looked at it. For roughly 20 minutes I had a weird blurry spot in one eye :wacko:, I was freaking oot:frantics: Then I realized it was his light :facepalm:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

One time on a ride w/ friends I was riding behind a guy w/ a red LED blinky light. It was angled up too high and I looked at it. For roughly 20 minutes I had a weird blurry spot in one eye :wacko:, I was freaking oot:frantics: Then I realized it was his light :facepalm:

I'm still "blinking" my eyes from seconds of exposure.

But, yeah, it is always strange that bike lights don't come with either better mounting instructions or better shaped lens, because a misaligned light is a PITA for all involved.  Whether it is being blinded by it or not seeing it, I think there is still a lot of improvement that can be made to make them just visible enough and not too weak, obstructed, or overwhelming.  For the most part, no one will be stuck behind me for 20 minutes (or likely any minutes) unless they choose to be, so I aim for visibility first. Still, it seems like the light industry could definitely work on their designs.

• Heart 1