Think you're having a bad day?

12string

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Ever witness a boating accident? - Page 7 - Dock Talk - Chaparral Boats  Owners Club

I don't have footage, but my brother tried that, with some subtle differences.  Towing his brand new, not yet wet boat up the hill with his tractor when it bounced off the ball.  Also, his boat ended up in some trees, about 6 feet up.  And his tractor crashed into some trees going the other direction.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 12string said:

I don't have footage, but my brother tried that, with some subtle differences.  Towing his brand new, not yet wet boat up the hill with his tractor when it bounced off the ball.  Also, his boat ended up in some trees, about 6 feet up.  And his tractor crashed into some trees going the other direction.

But was it on video?

12 minutes ago, 12string said:

Oh man, when I was a new boat owner I hadn’t yet  learned that you have to pull or lift the nose of the trailer to make sure it was seated on the ball.  I had my trailer pop off as I was getting on the freeway!!!

Fortunately it was chained and I didn’t reel up the nose wheel all the way so it didn’t drag too badly.  It was also really early in the morning so there was no traffic.  But lesson  learned! 

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

Oh man, when I was a new boat owner I hadn’t yet  learned that you have to pull or lift the nose of the trailer to make sure it was seated on the ball.  I had my trailer pop off as I was getting on the freeway!!!

Fortunately it was chained and I didn’t reel up the nose wheel all the way so it didn’t drag too badly.  It was also really early in the morning so there was no traffic.  But lesson  learned! 

His story involved a whole lot more stupidity prior to even getting to not checking the ball.

I once camped next to a couple who were absolutely clueless about trailering  But the wife at least realized it and asked us a LOT of questions.  One of the questions I asked was "how did you get the hitch off the ball without unlocking the catch?"  They drove 100 miles with a guardian angle holding that thing together

We had a 21' tri-hull, cuddy cabin boat with a 201 hp V6 engine marina'd on the Chesapeake Bay.  It was great when gas was around $1/gallon.  We sold it when gas hit $4/gallon ($5 if bought on the water) in 2008.  It was named the Reel Busy but should have been called the Money Pit.

Bad day?  My shoulder's getting sore 8 hours after my 2nd Pfizer shot just like it did after the 1st one.

That's probably good news - if the soreness is gone by tomorrow evening like the first time.  A lot of people are having more trouble with the 2nd shot - though only for a couple days.

• Heart 1