When was the last time you ate bologna

Former member

A bunch of years ago I ate one slice of that.   It was the lunch being served up on a family visit.  

I am not a big fan of the pressed meats.  Once in a while I may have some salami.  My Mom Sometimes brings me salami from Columbus foods.  Their stuff tastes pretty good, but it still has those darn nitrates.  I ask her to bring their natural line of salame, but she doesn't understand so well about those kind of things.  She just brings what she is used to buying.  It is sweet of her to bring me anything at all.

I grew up eating bologna and potted meat. It was cheap and my mom had to feed a bunch of kids on very little.

Every once in a while I'll eat a bologna sandwich just to remember.

Grew up in similar situation, but stopped eating it as soon as I could.

Have you had squirrel?

Yes, but I was quite young during the squirrel escapade.  My family has served many wild things to me:  Elk, deer, boar, abalone, fish of all types, rabbit, squirrel, ducks, geese, turkey, dove, quail, grouse, bear, etc.

I don't remember liking that bear.  Rabbit freaked me out, because they made jokes that it was my pet cat as they grilled it up.  Bastards!

Yes, but I was quite young during the squirrel escapade.  My family has served many wild things to me:  Elk, deer, boar, abalone, fish of all types, rabbit, squirrel, ducks, geese, turkey, dove, quail, grouse, bear, etc.

I don't remember liking that bear.  Rabbit freaked me out, because they made jokes that it was my pet cat as they grilled it up.  Bastards!

Elk is great. Bison is great. Duck prepared correctly is pretty good.

It's been many years, but when I was young, I used to love bologna and cheese sammiches (with mayo). Yummy. :nod head:

Also, fried bologna ain't too shabby. :)

Yes! My mom likes to make fried bologna a lot!! I liked to watch the center of the slice bubble up as it cooked. :-)
  • Heart 1

Yes! My mom likes to make fried bologna a lot!! I liked to watch the center of the slice bubble up as it cooked. :-)

Yep.  If you make a cut from the center to the outside edge, it won't bubble up so bad.

Fried bologna on white bread with lots of yellow mustard was a much beloved thing in my family.   :)

Yep.  If you make a cut from the center to the outside edge, it won't bubble up so bad.

Fried bologna on white bread with lots of yellow mustard was a much beloved thing in my family.   :)

Yeah, we always made four cuts from about one inch from center out at 90 degrees apart. But still the center bubbles. Good memories! I may go buy some bologna and make a sandwich tonight.
  • Heart 1

It's been many years, but when I was young, I used to love bologna and cheese sammiches (with mayo).  Yummy.   :nod head:

Also, fried bologna ain't too shabby.   :)

Yeah, we always made four cuts from about one inch from center out at 90 degrees apart. But still the center bubbles. Good memories! I may go buy some bologna and make a sandwich tonight.

My dad was the bologna cooker in our family.  It was often done at breakfast and served on toasted white bread with butter, a slice of processed cheese, and then I would add grape jelly!  Dad ate his without the jelly.

• Heart 1

My dad was the bologna cooker in our family.  It was often done at breakfast and served on toasted white bread with butter, a slice of processed cheese, and then I would add grape jelly!  Dad ate his without the jelly.

Cheese and mayo for me.

I am getting very hungry.