Hey denniS - does hoopla act ok for you for e-books?

Ralphie
Go to solution Solved by dinneR,

The last few I have downloaded and tried to read on the eyephone books app have been a real pita as far as not remembering where I left off.  On resuming it always takes me back to the beginning of the chapter do I have to laboriously flip pages to get back to where I was. And bookmarks have the same flaw. 

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

The last few I have downloaded and tried to read on the eyephone books app have been a real pita as far as not remembering where I left off.  On resuming it always takes me back to the beginning of the chapter do I have to laboriously flip pages to get back to where I was. And bookmarks have the same flaw. 

I have not had that problem, but I have just been checking out music and audiobooks on Hoopla lately. 

• Heart 1

Just now, denniS said:

@Philander Seabury It might be an apple thing. It's working fine on my android.

I checked all their canned troubleshooting pages and no mention of that.  It has been this way for months, through a few IOS updates.  I sent an email to Hoopla support just now.  Maybe I;'ll see how it works on the computer.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

27 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I get too stressed with e books I don't own.  Sometimes I read a book in a week or two, sometimes it takes me months.

They are just removed from your device once they are due. You can check it out again if you have not finished with Hoopla. With other services you might have to wait in line if someone else has it checked out just like a print book.

On 3/29/2021 at 12:39 PM, denniS said:

One way to troubleshoot Hoopla is to delete the app completely and reload it. There might be updates in a new version. If this doesn't work, call your library. They might be aware of others having the problem and give you a fix.

Worked!  Now I get a slider and the bookmarks and resume work properly.  Thanks!  

• Heart 1