This is why you should avoid Costco

dinneR

https://apnews.com/article/alaska-costco-shoppers-raven-steal-groceries-99b4db455f6d8bd9d18db091d0eeacb7

Lewallen said the piece of meat was about 4-by-7 inches (10-by-18 centimeters) large — a sizable meal for a sizable bird.

“They know what they’re doing; it’s not their first time,” Lewallen said. “They’re very fat so I think they’ve got a whole system there.”

Anchorage resident Tamara Josey replied to Waller’s post and referred to the ravens as “calculating.” She said ravens hovered her in an attempt to steal her groceries.

“I had two ravens, one that was on the car next to me and he kept squawking really loud,” Josey said. “He would sit on the car and stare at me, then hop next to the bed of the truck on the other side, and he kept going back and forth. The other raven was on the ground. He kept trying to pull — I had those little mini-melons you have in the mesh baggies — he kept trying to grab the netting and pull my melons off the cart.”

A raven started to fly in a circle around Josey until she got them to scram.

“He was waiting for another opportunity to grab the melons off the cart, but they never were deterred,” she said. “They just stayed posted, waiting for their next opportunity to steal something out of my cart.”

“They are very dedicated to their mission,” she added.

Seagulls are notorious for stealing food when people go into the water. Any unattended cooler or bag is fair game.  

When I was a kid we’d make a little hole in the sand, put our lunch in it, cover it with a towel and then go surf.  I taught my kids that trick as well.  Kept them from going hungry during beach days at summer camp. 

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Seagulls are notorious for stealing food when people go into the water. Any unattended cooler or bag is fair game.  

When I was a kid we’d make a little hole in the sand, put our lunch in it, cover it with a towel and then go surf.  I taught my kids that trick as well.  Kept them from going hungry during beach days at summer camp. 

Seagulls are flying rats.