I Got Suckered!

Razors Edge

Just now, Randomguy said:

I got suckered by that, too.  I think I got 2-D soldiers, as well.

Thanks Obama!

The battleships were like two inches long, 3/4 inch high, and 1/8 thick.  Had to really position them FAR from the action for any real perspective!

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

Fortunately, new (to you) sex toys are currently being removed from the Suez Canal for (nearly) immediate delivery to your home.

Yeah, it's weird (or not?) how quickly that Suez thing got fixed once the sex toys being delayed got out.  I think folks were fine until they realized their toys were not gonna arrive in time!

I had a crap ton of Army men growing up but I don’t remember the packaging or even how I got them.  I had BB & pellet guns growing up and I would set them up in the back yard and snipe them.  Our backyard wasn’t deep but it was long, maybe 25-30 yards .  I’d set them up in a planter on one end of the yard & snipe them from the other end of the yard.  

I bet the current owners of the house are still digging up dead army men in that planter. 

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

You didn’t cremate  melt your army men? Most of ours were horribly misshapen by the end of our youth.

I was thinking that too.  I shot mine with my bb-gun, launched them into the air with various ill-conceived devices, and absolutely melted a few of them.  Those real plastic army men were awesome.

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

You didn’t cremate  melt your army men? Most of ours were horribly misshapen by the end of our youth.

No I don’t recall melting them.  Some stepped on a land mine (firecrackers placed under them) and got blown into the neighbors yard.  

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

I was thinking that too.  I shot mine with my bb-gun, launched them into the air with various ill-conceived devices, and absolutely melted a few of them.  Those real plastic army men were awesome.

I had those parachute men too. Those got launched by my wrist rocket.  

3 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I got swindled by the Sea Monkey people.  They look nothing like the original drawing on the advertisement.  I got robbed.  They were little shrimpy creatures.  It was bullshit.

I remember those. I never bought them tho. 

9 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I got swindled by the Sea Monkey people.  They look nothing like the original drawing on the advertisement.  I got robbed.  They were little shrimpy creatures.  It was bullshit.

Yep. I didn't mind Sea Monkeys, but the "tank" was like 4" x 4" x 1" and really a let down.  They did grow, though, so that was fun.  Eventually, you could (can still) buy them at somewhere like Target, and we've gotten them for kids as joke gifts over the years. 

Ant farms were also in that sort of "looks way better in the ad" category.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Yep. I didn't mind Sea Monkeys, but the "tank" was like 4" x 4" x 1" and really a let down.  They did grow, though, so that was fun.  Eventually, you could (can still) buy them at somewhere like Target, and we've gotten them for kids as joke gifts over the years. 

I bet the ant colony was drawn to look human.  BASTIDS!

53 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I had a crap ton of Army men growing up but I don’t remember the packaging or even how I got them.  I had BB & pellet guns growing up and I would set them up in the back yard and snipe them.  Our backyard wasn’t deep but it was long, maybe 25-30 yards .  I’d set them up in a planter on one end of the yard & snipe them from the other end of the yard.  

I bet the current owners of the house are still digging up dead army men in that planter. 

I used various assorted fireworks to blow them up.

• Heart 1

51 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I got one of those ant farms as a gift once.  IIRC you send in this postcard that comes with the ant farm & they send you a bunch of ant eggs you put in there.  

Mine worked as advertised but the ants didn’t live very long, a couple of weeks maybe. I tried to catch ants from the yard but that didn’t work. 

19 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I used various assorted fireworks to blow them up.

Yep - that added a special level of fun.  Basic blackcat firecrackers or bottle rockets were the ones we were usually able to use for that, but every once in a while, something bigger could be gotten - from roman candles to "M-80s" - and we'd have a true battle royale!