Wow, I sort of feel a bit like Dirty Hip today

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by Dirtyhip,

I normally take Ryan to school on Wed and Fri until we save up enough to buy him a car.  Not going into debt over 5-7k.  Anyway, wojsharr is working from home today, so I asked if she would take Ryan.  This changed the dynamic of my morning and I forgot something at home.

I was standing in my office and something at waist level or below just did not feel right, so I did a quick check and yep, you guessed it, I totally forgot to put something on today!

I will not open up this thread to guesses as to what I forgot to wear down there.

• Haha 1

• Solution
1 hour ago, jsharr said:

I normally take Ryan to school on Wed and Fri until we save up enough to buy him a car.  Not going into debt over 5-7k.  Anyway, wojsharr is working from home today, so I asked if she would take Ryan.  This changed the dynamic of my morning and I forgot something at home.

I was standing in my office and something at waist level or below just did not feel right, so I did a quick check and yep, you guessed it, I totally forgot to put something on today!

I will not open up this thread to guesses as to what I forgot to wear down there.

UGH.  That ruins my day when I get here and I go to change into work clothes and ... <groan>  it ends up being a commando day.  I hate that. 

• Haha 4

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

UGH.  That ruins my day when I get here and I go to change into work clothes and ... <groan>  it ends up being a commando day.  I hate that. 

You are changing clothes, I assume, from riding clothes to office clothes.  If you forget to toss some panties or socks or a shirt in your backpack, that makes sense.  But have you ever forgotten to dress properly in the first place? 

• Whatever 1

39 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

You are changing clothes, I assume, from riding clothes to office clothes.  If you forget to toss some panties or socks or a shirt in your backpack, that makes sense.  But have you ever forgotten to dress properly in the first place? 

One time I forgot my entire pannier bag.  ALL of my clothes, lunch and life was in that.   I had left it sitting next to the door.  Had to turn around and ride back to the house.  I usually carry it out to the garage and hook it on.  We have a detached garage. 

There have been times where I packed a completely bad outfit, and just had to wear it anyway.  I wasn't going to ride home to swap a shirt.

Sometimes, I will ride home in my work outfit, if it is sporty enough.  In the morning it is so frigid.  I can't wear my work clothes here.  I was be miserable.  New new place is far enough that it would be completely unbearable to wear office clothes on the bike.

<commuter problems>

11 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Socks

RG wants to know how you can stand to do that.

Cowboy boots with out socks is not that bad, but I try not to do it on a regular basis.  If I have kicked my boots off and taken my socks off and need to go outside to get something out of my car, etc, I will slip my boots on sockless.

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Cowboy boots with out socks is not that bad, but I try not to do it on a regular basis.  If I have kicked my boots off and taken my socks off and need to go outside to get something out of my car, etc, I will slip my boots on sockless.

Otherwise it makes a mess of a stink, eh.

If I forget something on the bike commute,it’s usually my phone! I usually get the bike out of the garage, go back in to kiss WoW goodbye, grab my phone and coffee. For some reason I forget the phone once in a while. 
A couple times I have forgotten the keys to the work car. I normally leave them at work on my desk. Sometimes I forget and leave them in my pocket and they get set on the table when I get home and empty my pockets. I can normally get the 2nd set from boss’s office. One day he was gone and junior partner had to go to a meeting first thing so I couldn’t get into their office. Oh darn! I will have to ride my bike an additional 6 miles today! Not bad as long as it’s not too hot or humid... 

6 hours ago, jsharr said:

Thanks for mentioning it and letting me know other people are forgetful.

I got so wrapped up with my building contractor needing $10,600 from me for improvements that I forgot about a meeting yesterday with the contractor's design expert.  Lucky my BiL called to ask why I didn't get him for it and I was able to back up the meeting half an hour.