How can you people stand to go around sockless?

Randomguy

Socks are just feet smotherers.  I wear socks to and from and at work, but when I get home, when the shoes come off, the socks come off.   You get way better traction in bare feet.

If I have to go out somewhere, I put on both socks and shoes, and both come off when I get home.

Even having company over to the house for supper(pre-covid) regardless of how well I know them, I will be barefoot.

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

56 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Socks are just feet smotherers.  I wear socks to and from and at work, but when I get home, when the shoes come off, the socks come off.   You get way better traction in bare feet.

If I have to go out somewhere, I put on both socks and shoes, and both come off when I get home.

Even having company over to the house for supper(pre-covid) regardless of how well I know them, I will be barefoot.

Same.

• Heart 1

Just now, Allen said:

Alpaca socks ftw! 

My cousin raises Angora Goats and has the hair spun into yarn and sells socks.  They are amazing.  I have had a pair for over ten years and they just dont wear out.  I wear them in my drysuit and easily have over 1000 dives in them.  I just purchased some for the rest of my team.  I have not found anything commercial made that can compare to specialty socks.  They are even what I wore when sleeping on a tent 600 miles north of the Arctic Circle a couple February's ago

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

I rarely go sockless. I find my feet get cold easily (probably a circulation with long limbs thing; my hands are similar when it gets cold).

During the winter, I wear socks to bed because my feet don't stay warm.

Only go sockless when I'm wearing Birkenstocks. And then I have to sunblock my feet, like the rest of my Euro-pale skin.

When it's warm outside, I wear sandals a lot.  Probably most of the time.  I even I use sandals for hiking.  Never socks with the sandals.  When I'm home, I'll be barefoot.   I'll have tan lines on my feet into the late fall.   Shoes and socks when it's warm...  most likely on date night with WoBG.

When it get cold, socks and shoes.  In the winter, I always wear socks, even to bed.  Similar to LW, my feet don't stay warm.

I don't wear socks at home. In Calgary, other than bedroom, have engineered wood floors. I have light mats by kitchen sink.

My floors are fine in terms of heat.  It never seems to get too cold...even when it's -40 degrees C outside.

Vancouver it's all carpeting except for den, bathroom.

No socks year round for past the 30 yrs.

Sometimes I will wear slip on boat shoes with no socks, but only because I am lazy and my wife tells me to. It never feels legal. I am more of a socky guy with shoes, but at home it is usually bear feet, even in winter. I will miss carpet if my wife ever succeeds in making us get rid of it. It is the only civilized floor covering except in kitchens, bathrooms, laundry/mud rooms, foyers, and maybe dining rooms. 

• Awesome 1

I wear fleece-lined slippers around the house. We had tile floors, so bare feet were cold feet. The vinyl floors aren’t cold, but I like my cozy slippers. I only wear sandals and summer dress shoes without socks. When it became acceptable to wear a dress without pantyhose, that was a good day. 

• Heart 1