A little help, please?

AirwickWithCheese
Go to solution Solved by jsharr,

Last week I stumbled googled on a very old picture of a cow, or bull getting their head blown off still standing on her feet. I know, it was very sad. :(

Seems I recall it was for some company, Kodak? advertising they could capture exact moments in time or something equally strange.

1860-1890 would be my guess. Old black and white.

I've googled for 2 straight hours with no luck and have seen things that can never be unseen.

Please help?

Cheese, if you came across the picture while you were searching and want to find it again, determine the day when you saw the picture. Then go to your browser history for that day. Your browser history will show the link for the last time you accessed the page. This is going to be a time-consuming project, but it's worth a try.

That said, I don't know why you want to see such a picture. I know you like a lot of historical things, but this picture sounds downright disturbing, even if it isn't graphic. 

Unless you were in Private Browsing mode or unless you cleared the cache, your browsing history from Wednesday should still be around. 

If you've lost the history, then it's time for another strategy. What had you wanted to find when you discovered this sad cow? Start there, and then try the word associations which might have resulted in this discovery.

He was not a worthless mule.

He served this country proudly then suffered this indignity. I plan on suing someone somewhere at some time

Well he was in the submarine service.  Maybe it had to do with his inability to hold his breath long enough, or not being able to fit on a submarine, or passing really bad gas after eating alfalfa, the grass, not the kid from the Little Rascals, so there only choice was to blow him up real good.

Do not use my ignorance as an excuse to besmirch this poor mule's name.

I want to know his name

His name was Airwick Quentin Mansfield IV, just found it in an old copy of the 1861 Willets Point Tattler Review.  He was a highly decorated war veteran with an incurable and very painful case of mule head disease.  The cure of the day was often fatal, as it involved strapping 6 ounces of dynamite to the patients head and detonating it using a camera.   Sadly, the paper was in such poor condition that it fell apart as I read it, and I did not have a chance to preserve it electronically.  

• Heart 1

• Solution

Don't you EVER sass Destination.

Stating fact is not sassing sir.  Airwick Quentin Mansfield IV was born in Sans Souci, SC in 1834 and ran off the join the army in 1844 at the age of 10.  He saw his first action in the Mexican-American War in the Battle of Cerro Gordo in 1847.  He was nicked on the head by a piece of Mexican pinata shrapnel.  It is believed by many to be the cause of his late life mule head disease onset.  He also picked up a taste for senoritas, tequila and mole during this time.  It was not uncommon to find AQ, as his stable mates called him, curled up with a semi clad mole covered senorita and a few dozen empty tequila bottles on a Sunday morning.

During the Civil War, he worked behind the lines as a Union spy, pulling a wagon full of whores that followed the army of General Lee.  His dispatches were crucial in the defeat of Lee at Gettysburg.  However the years of tequila, senoritas and pulling a wagon of whores had worn out AQ's knees and he was retired to Willets Point to help the Engineers Corps advance the art of submarine warfare.  Here his mule head disease flared up, and on June 6, 1881, AQ died while being treated for his affliction.

• Heart 1

The mules name was Bill. Just plain simple Bill.  Not William or Willard or any other fancy schmancy name. Just Bill.

Cruel experiment. I know Bill was about to be "put down" anyway, and that 6 oz. of Kid Dynomite would be quick and probably painless, but still, that was cruel.

I don't like cruel.

The mules name was Bill. Just plain simple Bill.  Not William or Willard or any other fancy schmancy name. Just Bill.

Cruel experiment. I know Bill was about to be "put down" anyway, and that 6 oz. of Kid Dynomite would be quick and probably painless, but still, that was cruel.

I don't like cruel.

I like my story better.  I agree it was cruel, but mule head disease is cruel too.

I like my story better.  I agree it was cruel, but mule head disease is cruel too.

Granted, yours is more fun....but Bill was a true blue pack mule for the U. S. Army. It just seems such a callous way to do something. But then...WTF do I know?