Are lampshades necessary?

Randomguy

I have a lamp and no lampshade, because the ex broke the nice stained glass shade a number of years back, and I kept the lamp part because it matches the floor lamp shown in the picture.  I need to replace the shade, and they are stupid expensive and I am not sure how to find a duplicate.

Is this something I can do myself?

9C502753-A096-497B-BD91-F25DC4ECD935.jpeg

11 minutes ago, jdc2000 said:

That is awesome, but I do find it very weird that those chicks start sobbing and carrying on.  They should settle down and smile and say "that is so cool" or somesuch, maybe go out and have a nice beer as well.  

Check on Anazaon, I got a replacement shade for a lamp there last year - just a plain parchment with some pattern to it.   You could get something simple now and then upgrade to a stained glass one later if you want to

Don't need a lamp shade. I'd suggest trying the decorative Edison bulbs.

image.png.1679889a51edc47886bb22419865a925.png

You should check that the bulbs can burn in a horizontal position.  They may be limited to base-up or base-down burn orientation only.

They don't last as long as LED or CFL's, don't put out a lot of light, and can be pricey.  But they look nice and you might be able to buy a lot of bulbs for the cost of a lamp shade.

• Heart 1