I really like this shoe

Further

12 hours ago, 2Far said:

Nice. 

Thursdays?

Wilbur bought a pair of Thursdays, and he really liked them.  I can't wear them because they are too wide for me (I need a specific narrow size).  The Vanguard may work for me in a pinch, but I did end up finding some boots that were actually meant to be narrow.

Anyway, everybody seems to say good things about Thursday's, so I would get some if they fit and I were in the market.

I've noticed that if I look at a particular brand of shoes, etc. on Amazon and some other sites, I soon see ads for them online on Yahoo!Finance, ABC News, etc.

One day while walking Jake, a guy asked what kind of cool looking shoes I was wearing - a New Balance model.  I asked him the same question and he answered, "Hoka One One's."  I'd never heard of them and looked them up on Amazon.

For the next couple weeks, I saw Hoke One One ads on news sites, sports sites, etc.

After I bought an Instant Pot, an LG Gram 17" Laptop, etc. online, I'd also see ads for them, which makes me wonder why the tracking software when I'm on a website doesn't distinguish between stuff I looked at and stuff I already recently bought - where their ad is wasted.

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

After I bought an Instant Pot, an LG Gram 17" Laptop, etc. online, I'd also see ads for them, which makes me wonder why the tracking software when I'm on a website doesn't distinguish between stuff I looked at and stuff I already recently bought - where their ad is wasted.

That has to do with what data is actually collected. Most advertisement tracking software cookies or some other tracking metric. IF the software is well written then when you add the item to a cart it removes you from the "let's retarget this guy" stack and put in the he just bought stack. 
I'd posit that about 90% of trackers are not configured correctly and instead hope the shotgun blast approach will net more sales than specific targeting of those that didn't buy. 

It's also worth noting that cookies, pixels, GA trackers all can be circumvented by simple browser add-ons thus increasing the chance you keep seeing something you've actually bought because the advertising software doesn't know you actually bought.

Also @Further those shoes are dope.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Further said:

The add keeps popping up so the feckers must be reading my mind and hoping to wear me down.

The only shoes I have ever spent that much on were bicycle shoes. And they didn't make me faster, or let me go further  :(

Two24 Highlands

Some people here are just so inconsiderate.  Giving us partial information!  Which shoe do you like, the one in the foreground or the one in that background?  I might lose sleep over this!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 12string said:

Some people here are just so inconsiderate.  Giving us partial information!  Which shoe do you like, the one in the foreground or the one in that background?  I might lose sleep over this!

Nominated!!!!!  This is my sort of obtuse humor!  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, 12string said:

I like them both, the left one that is in the foreground and the right one that in in the background.

In fact I would most likely wear them as a pair, one on each foot.

• Heart 1