This happened to the house today.

groupw

Yesterday I kind of treated as my birthday so I blew off actually doing much to the house. Figured I better make up for it today. Almost all of the fascia is now changed out. I also thought I better get the front porch beyond the beams I whined about last weekend. This is a before picture. I forgot to take the photo before replacing the door. 

91C9389D-F9AC-4DE5-91F0-18CB9CDB171A.jpeg

• Heart 4

12 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Well, that's definitely a home improvement!

Next, fix the dent on the car's roof.

That car needs to go away! I was getting ready to sell it right before the Covid outbreak. Just didn't want strangers to the house during. I was just about to put it on the market when we saw a local uptick again. 

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

How did the car get dented like that?

Branch fell on it in a storm. We put it on liability only when we got the other car. 

47 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Looks so much better.  I like your iris plants.

Day lillies are in the far left. The crocus blooms just ended. Looks like a yellow tulip will be blooming this week. We will be doing more with the gardens once roof and painting is done. 

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Nicely done, and a fair sized project too! :nodhead:

I don't think that flower pot was doing a very good job of holding up the left corner of the porch roof, so your project is a definite improvement!

Yep. The exterior of the house got neglected while I was helping Mom with Dad the last few years. I was afraid to dive too deep into any project. Trying to get back on track. 

21 hours ago, groupw said:

after the new shingles are on. 

Are you having all of the old shingles removed?   

If, not I'd suggest you should.  They don't look good at all.  There could be water damaged plywood under the shingles. 

Good job on the posts and railing.  

26 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Are you having all of the old shingles removed?   

If, not I'd suggest you should.  They don't look good at all.  There could be water damaged plywood under the shingles. 

Good job on the posts and railing.  

Tearing off all the old. The roofer said some plywood will need replaced, but it’s not as bad is it looks. He said these were an “organic” shingle put out in the early 80s. They would wear like iron for years and then just give up and disintegrate in a short time. That time came for us last fall. The siding on the sides of the porch will be replaced, but I have to wait for them to get the flashing in place below. I’m going to take days off while they are here to g things in the right order. 

• Heart 1