I am now a tea drinker

Road Runner

Morning thunder was high in caffeine.

Now the important question, did you get your latest health issue taken care of?

Well, I just got back from my second surgery to remove tissue; this time hopefully got it all.  I have to go back in a week to have my stitches removed and find out if the newly removed tissue is clear of the melanoma.

Some of my concerns come from an experience a close work friend had about 15 years ago.  He found a bleeding mole on his back that was subsequently found to be a melanoma. They cut on it twice just like they have on me.  They told him that they thought they got it all.  Six months later he collapsed and died shortly thereafter.  It had spread throughout his body, but mostly to his brain.  From that experience, I have trouble believing the "we got it all" diagnosis.   :(

My skin cancers have been squamous cell carcinomas and they haven't caused any problems after the second surgery.  I was planning on watching them when they worked on my bicep.  I decided to turn away when I realized how big a chunk of tissue they were cutting out of my arm.  I couldn't see what the plastic surgeon was doing when he worked on my eyelid but I could hear him scraping bone.  I had a headache for awhile after that one.  I pray you don't have any more problems with yours.

• Heart 1

I drink lots of tea...check out  http://www.teasource.com/   :nod head:

I am bringing some Blueberry Fields and Minnesota Nice both black teas...and a green mint tea on my trip east...in case anyone wants to try them :nod head:  I have received tea from several forum members :nod head:  One of my favorite things to do...especially in the winter is to brew a pot of tea and just enjoy it...without rushing off to work like a work :rolleyes:  I do some ice tea..but mostly hot teas.

I don't like the taste of coffee, so I've been a tea drinker for quite some time.  In fact, I haven't had a cup of coffee in decades so you might even say I'm a 'tea-totaler'. ;)

I've never thought drinking coffee as 'manly' and certainly women who drink coffee aren't derided as 'butch' because they aren't drinking tea.

Turned 50 this year, still haven't tried coffee.  I drink tea almost every day.

You realize that every time you mention that you don't drink coffee, or alcohol and that you have never smoked, that God tosses a box of kittens into a river?

Also, this: SW circa 2000

I didn't like coffee until a few years ago when I spent a couple of weeks one winter in Cuba and a couple of weeks the following winter in Costa Rica. My beverage of choice is tea, but it was far easier to find good coffee in those parts of the world. Both countries are coffee producers and the coffee they use is good quality. When I buy coffee today, there are a few small artisan coffee roasters around here who have reputations for quality. The cost is a lot higher than the big-name bulk containers, but the difference in taste is worth the higher price.

Tea has been and will remain my preferred hot beverage. There's nothing quite like it on a cool evening. As with coffee, I prefer a quality tea to the cheap bulk stuff. A cup of tea should be appreciated on its own merits, and this can't happen unless one starts with good tea.

I didn't drink tea or coffee until a few years ago.  I eventually got hooked on tea, but I'm still not a coffee drinker.

Lots of wonderful teas out there, so much variety.  Have you identified a type?  Even among unflavored black teas, the range of flavors can be amazing.  Lots of nice high end teas to try like Verdant or Butiki, or many yummy flavored teas too.  I tried TeaSource based on Petite's recommendation, and their Madagascar Vanilla is one of my faves.

Arizona Green Tea with ginseng and honey is one of my favorite cold beverages.

I drink coffee or tea hot, but I'm picky about hot tea (Republic of Tea has a few favorites, all black teas).  And if I get sick (or sinus infection), I switch to Harney & Sons hot cinnamon spice tea; it's awesome stuff.  Not concerned with image.

I have a Japanese cast iron teapot I got as a wedding gift with a strainer built in.  Good stuff.

buy a SS insulated French press. It's great for coffee(or tea). Mine stays hot for hours.

What kind do you have? And do you like the quality?

I was looking at insulated French Presses not too long ago and only found a few that looked awfully expensive and I wasn't sure about their quality. The Bodum one I had my eye on a few years ago was apparently discontinued (they don't make it anymore).

As for the original problem. Get a thermal carafe and pour tea directly into carafe when it's done brewing. If you do this (or the French Press idea), I'd use separate ones for coffee and tea in both cases.

• Heart 1

I bought a six cup teapot off of Amazon and it is great.  But the tea gets cold quick.  I need a teapot cozy, but the really good ones I have found online are more expensive than my teapot.   :(

Any suggestions?

Yeah, make iced tea and don't worry about the heat so much.  I am drinking iced camel-mule tea right now.

I have this

AB2B4156-651C-4E46-B945-8652F8B30542_zps

I got the biggest size one Bodum made, and I love it.

Good to know. I believe that was the one I was looking at (and almost bought) maybe 6 months or so ago, but decided to hold off. I don't remember why. I'm looking on Bodum's website now and I don't see it. Did they discontinue it? What size is it, do you know? I usually only do 32 oz at a time, but I like the flexibility of the 64 oz so that I can do the larger pot now and then if the need arises.

Good to know. I believe that was the one I was looking at (and almost bought) maybe 6 months or so ago, but decided to hold off. I don't remember why. I'm looking on Bodum's website now and I don't see it. Did they discontinue it? What size is it, do you know? I usually only do 32 oz at a time, but I like the flexibility of the 64 oz so that I can do the larger pot now and then if the need arises.

mine is the 1.5 liter

http://www.bodum.com/gb/en-us/shop/detail/1312-16/

mine is the 1.5 liter

That would be about the perfect size. I never do 64 oz, but I do 48oz (roughly 1.5 liter). Damn...I wish I'd gotten it now. 

I'm only seeing two double-walled press pots on Bodum's site right now. Both are 1L versions.