Time for a test

12string

Exposed.

We had an Easter dinner.  Outdoors, masked, distant.  Yes, of course paths probably crossed a few times unmasked.  Everyone was vaccinated except me, my BiL, his two teenage daughters.  My wife is one shot in.  

One of the teenagers tested positive this morning.

We should have stuck to the original plan to not have them here, but we figured we could keep it safe.  I guess I'll know in a few days if we succeeded.

• Sad 4

4 minutes ago, 12string said:

Exposed.

We had an Easter dinner.  Outdoors, masked, distant.  Yes, of course paths probably crossed a few times unmasked.  Everyone was vaccinated except me, my BiL, his two teenage daughters.  My wife is one shot in.  

We should have stuck to the original plan to not have them here, but we figured we could keep it safe.  I guess I'll know in a few days if we succeeded.

Hopefully the outdoors, masked, and distant did the trick and you are good to go.

On the plus side, after hearing my mom rant on about NJ and their "criminal" vaccine roll out, somehow, she, my sister, and my two brothers will all be vaccinated by Monday with the first shot at least.  Mom got the single shot vaccine today, and my sister is scheduled for second one in a week or two.

• Heart 1

My niece is quite upset, thinking she's done us wrong.  Just heard both girls tested positive now, dad is fine.

I'm eligible to be vaccinated today.  I guess I'll have to wait another week now.

I do think we kept it pretty safe, but I have to consider that we might not have done well enough.

1 hour ago, 12string said:

Exposed.

Sorry to hear that.  Something to consider is that the virus needs a couple of days to brew in the host before it’s detected.    If you go today/tomorrow maybe plan a follow up test Thursday/Friday. 

We have seen this numerous time with our work exposures.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I’d just wait and do it next Monday and if negative exhale and relax and get vaccinated.

They would not have let us get vaccinated if exposed within two weeks.  Also true for any other vaccinations.........no covid within two weeks.

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

They would not have let us get vaccinated if exposed within two weeks.  Also true for any other vaccinations.........no covid within two weeks.

No vaccination if you’ve had Covid infection within two weeks, but after a week and a negative test, you’re negative.  Waiting another week is meaningless.

32 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

No vaccination if you’ve had Covid infection within two weeks, ...

What's up with that?  Seems like probably close to 1/2 the folks (or more) who have or had COVID didn't know it.  That would likely mean a lot of them had COVID and got the vaccine during that time of infection.

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

Krazy and Tacojoint Krunchyshells and Pilates Seashanty and Aire and Cheese and Road Runner and DeathJim and Dottles and Razor and Prophet and Digital and Shootingstar and denniS and BR and DH and Maxx and Wheels and RG and Longjohn and Petite and Page and ChrisL and Mr. Kapow and sheep herder and Dr. Mickin and Jerry and Mr. Silly and Trenton and Zackny and Zephyr and UglyBob and Pokey and 12string and sue and Lonewolf and Scrapr and Rattlecan and Scooter and GroupW and AZ and Tizeye and Allen and golden and Rev and Bikeguy and pretty much anyone really.  But mostly just Kirby as she is my favoritest poster here.

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

Sorry to hear that.  Something to consider is that the virus needs a couple of days to brew in the host before it’s detected.    If you go today/tomorrow maybe plan a follow up test Thursday/Friday. 

We have seen this numerous time with our work exposures.

Agreed. We see it all the time

3 hours ago, 12string said:

My niece is quite upset, thinking she's done us wrong.  Just heard both girls tested positive now, dad is fine.

I'm eligible to be vaccinated today.  I guess I'll have to wait another week now.

I do think we kept it pretty safe, but I have to consider that we might not have done well enough.

My nephew and his wife got it just after my Dads funeral in January. About 13 of us spent the evening at my Mom’s house afterwards eating, and socializing. None of the other 13 got it. 

Hopefully that’s your outcome. 

Hope you test negative.  My building contractor was exposed on Friday to a person who later found out he had COVID.  He offered to put-off our meeting Mon. AM but I'm 2x vaccinated and we would be outdoors, masked, and socially distanced, so I went ahead with it.

• Heart 1

My wife died Easter week. I decided not to have a funeral and instead we are having a memorial service/celebration of her life in a couple weeks. It will be in a big church that has seating for 1,000. I don’t expect 100 people so there will be lots of room for social distancing. My sons and I were making plans yesterday. We talked about a receiving line, I think we will just skip that because there are always those that want to hug and shake hands. There will be a dinner afterwards, that will be enough exposure.

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 4

The children of my cousin Barbara, who died in February of COVID, are going to have a life celebration but they're holding off until the pandemic dies down. The same for my Aunt Sally, who died of COVID 4 months before a planned major 100th birthday celebration last April.

Beginning in June or July, after I'm settled back in my house, I have a number of medical tests/checkups that are overdue that I'll get done during the Summer lull. No sense in tempting fate.

16 hours ago, Zephyr said:

That mentality right there by the general masses is why Covid is still running rampant.

Yup, I'm a little pissed at me.

CDC says people with shots can visit with one household of not shots, full contact.  

I am unvaccinated, my wife has one shot.  Everyone else that was there (not a large crowd) was vaxxed, except the teenage girls.  That was our failure.  Everything was outdoors, we set up different dining areas for each family, masked when we got close, masks required to enter the house.  Did all we thought we could.  Which, if our test are negative, means we were successful in following guidelines.  The girls were infected elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

My wife died Easter week. I decided not to have a funeral and instead we are having a memorial service/celebration of her life in a couple weeks. It will be in a big church that has seating for 1,000. I don’t expect 100 people so there will be lots of room for social distancing. My sons and I were making plans yesterday. We talked about a receiving line, I think we will just skip that because there are always those that want to hug and shake hands. There will be a dinner afterwards, that will be enough exposure.

God love you John, you are a great man.  I am sorry for your loss

• Heart 2