Do you get hit on a lot?

Randomguy
Go to solution Solved by Airehead,

This topic is for the ladies too, btw.

Jsharrt's post made me think of this.  Women used to hit on me from time to time, but never more than when I was with my first NYC gf.  She had absolutely monstrous boobs (FF), but was kind of big, so I figure that brought out the competitive drunk chicks who thought "I can't compete with those boobs, but I am in way better shape" or something, and then thought "I am going to get his attention" after they see other folks staring at the boobs.  That girlfriend was very cool and thought it was all very funny, and told me whether or not I was truly being hit on.  She never had any insecurity issues; she always said she knew who was going home with me.

Anyway, now that I am old and fat, I don't get hit on so much anymore.

• Haha 2

It's a sad commentary on healthcare for retirees in America, but I go out of my way to shield that I'm a single, retired county school system teacher because that discloses I have great medical insurance to a lot retired women who are struggling to make ends meet due to paying lots for prescriptions because of the Medicare donut-hole - often using last-generation medications instead of top-of-the-line ones.

The chances of me getting hit-on are directly proportional to how much the hittee knows about my health insurance multiplied by how much health costs limit her lifestyle.

• Sad 3

I worked in a large office where 95% of the work force was women. Learning to understand what was being communicated both verbally and physically was critical. 
I have been hit on just enough to know I’m doing ok. There are some female friends of both WoW and I who will communicate primarily with me about events or just day-to-day how are you stuff. I’m told that means I’m on the “back burner” which is a compliment, I guess. 
Being older, I think makes some younger women feel safer in being friendly with me. Once in a while, though, it must be a different vibe. We were at a jazz show a couple years ago in a dive bar. The bartender is a friend who models for me. She had asked us to come out there several times. The crowd was a mix of ages, but generally a little older. There were 2 girls who came in apparently to meet someone else. Don’t know if it was a Tinder thing or not but the guy left and the 2 girls stayed for the show. One girl was dressed in a take of the sexy school uniform bit. She was very cute. They had walked by our table several times. One time we made eye contact and she smiled. WoW asked “did she just smile at you?” Normally WoW is very easy going so she must have got a vibe from the smile I didn’t pick up on. 

• Heart 1

It use to be fairly common, but in all honesty it was the uniform.

I once was out of town working and the lady seating us was very friendly, and had a sexy Sheryl Crowe thing working for her.   My waitress came back a couple times and once 'Sheryl' came with her, which was odd.   My waitress said "Dont mind her,  she has a thing for guys in uniform" to which I replied "What a coincidence, because I have a thing for girls who have a thing for guys in uniform'.  She laughed, I laughed...., it was a moment.  I then spent the rest of my meal trying to set her up with the single guy with me. 

I have had way more women hit on me at bars after I got married than when I was single, probably because I'm not looking to hook up, I just want to have fun so I'm way more relaxed and 'non-threatening' maybe?

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

47 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I once was out of town working and the lady seating us was very friendly, and had a sexy Sheryl Crowe thing working for her.   My waitress came back a couple times and once 'Sheryl' came with her, which was odd.   My waitress said "Dont mind her,  she has a thing for guys in uniform" to which I replied "What a coincidence, because I have a thing for girls who have a thing for guys in uniform'.  She laughed, I laughed...., it was a moment.  I then spent the rest of my meal trying to set her up with the single guy with me. 

I have had way more women hit on me at bars after I got married than when I was single, probably because I'm not looking to hook up, I just want to have fun so I'm way more relaxed and 'non-threatening' maybe?

The uniform is weird that way. I also think the authority that comes with the position has something to do with it.  I got hit on way more often as an MP on duty than when just in uniform but not on duty.  Same as a civilian cop, it was pretty frequent.  

I find it telling that the one that stuck I met off duty & not in uniform.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

I'm not sure...'cause most of the time I don't pay attention. I don't go to bars ....'cause I've never felt comfortable nor the close friends who I hang out with.  

****Instead these days, I worry, especially at night alone, of being attacked.  Sorry, the anti-Asian sentiment on older folks is going on.

I suspect Asian-faced women in my age bracket right now...if they aren't wearing fantastic makeup, dye their hair and look kinda hip fashionable, don't make it anywhere. That's ok.  Dearie gets boring me. :flirtyeyess:

For a woman physically fit, slim and petite....I can say that I haven't attracted much head-turning at all. ..at any decade in my life. Alot of women fit my category...and some are my friends, single, no children.  Maybe they are like me....picky. 

• Heart 1

• Solution
7 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I will admit a man in a uniform is dashing. A suit and tie is a close second. 

• Hugs 1

9 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I was riveted until you brought up Sheryl Crowe.   :(

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Every time my wife tells me she is smart I am forced to agree because she was the only woman smart enough to marry me, obviously a diamond in the rough. :D

• Haha 1