I am in the dog house with Einstein

Airehead

Luckily, at your house, the dogs live pretty well!  Does this mean he'll make you waffles? :nodhead:  Do you get to skip work and run around the agility track?

In any event, it's just property damage and  I hope you are fine. As PopKirby always used to say, things can be replaced.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

Ugh, sorry. Hope the damage is not too bad.

We have a two car and the trailer is in the second spot.  It leaves little room.  I back out super tediously and slow. I am scared to do the same thing.

Luckily my daily "driver" is much easier for me to park and control. He does get irritated with me a little cause I leave tire marks on the door constantly.  I lean the bike against the white door and it leaves tracks.  He says "It shows all the strange people in our alley that we have bikes in here."  We are both kind of happy to get out of our current neighborhood situation.  The hood is going downhill.  It is still a better hood than most, but the crime is just rampant in our town.  It sucks.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Just hit the garage door frame with my car.

WoBG did that once.  At least the house was OK, and the garage door frame wasn't messed up.   The car wasn't so lucky.   I wasn't exactly happy at the time.

Our old home had a curved driveway into the garage.  You made a sweeping left turn into the garage.  We parked in the garage for 35 years.  

What was worse...

The day WoBG called me at work and told me her car was hit in the drivers door.  I asked what happened?   She backed the Land Rover out of the garage, and ran into her Honda Prelude drivers door. She forgot that she didn't park her car in the garage. (like that big empty space in the garage was there for a reason???)   At least the LR only needed $75 in repairs.  The HP wasn't so lucky... the entire door was replace.  They found a door at a salvage yard.   At least she hit the center of the door, and no fenders, etc..     

The insurance agent...  2 accidents in your driveway?  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

You need a Tesla.  They can put themselves away

I agree

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

It's like shooting, all a matter of confidence.

I lack this with the new car even though logically I know there is plenty of space. 

24 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

At least it wasn't your new car, or the new garage.

I laughed hard. 

• Heart 1

27 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

No offense but Einstein needs to lighten up. Shit happens and no matter how you assign blame, shit happens. Move on and fix it or move on. Life’s too short to stress about the little things that don’t matter in the long run. 

I agree.  My husband didn't freak out too badly when I broke/tore out every piece of linkage underneath his jeep wrangler.  I even cracked the rim and flattened all the tires.  Just tell Einstein, "At least I didn't do a rail slide on a bridge railing."  True story.   <driving way too fast on a gravel road while out 4 wheeling>  Oops.  That vehicle is toast.  "Happy 30th B-day, Sweetie." 

• Heart 1

The Isuzu Trooper was getting old and the transmission took awhile to warm up and go to work. The boy was 14 or 15 and bustin at the seams to start driving.

It was winter, we were headed to church, I told the boy to go out and drive the Isuzu around the driveway and maybe wake the transmission up.

I was helping the Missus down the ramp to the garage, we heard the engine rev and a loud crash.

The kid had backed out the garage door into a frozen rut in the mud at the edge of the driveway. He tried easing out and it didn't work so he stomped on it, and it caught, and he slammed into the side of the garage door.

Just took a little trim off the garage door frame, but it crinkled the Trooper pretty good from the drivers door to the rear bumper. The drivers door still worked but the back door had swung it's last swing.

I made a remark about this might have been a good time to put it in 4 wheel drive. 

The kid learned something and no one was hurt.

It was an old car and pretty close to dead, we only drove it another year or two.

• Heart 3
  • Hugs 1